Rossco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossco Upgrades

Wondering who out there has modified/upgraded a rossco? What have you done (or thought of ) and why? Looking at a few ideas to make my Rossco side by side trainer better.

Wondering who out there has modified/upgraded a rossco? What have you done (or thought of ) and why? Looking at a few ideas to make my Rossco side by side trainer better. Hi Westoz, I modified this Rosco for a guy in Broken Hill. The day we tested it the weather was blowing a gale and boisterous. The owner wanted me to be the pilot in command as he was concerned re the conditions. He would never have attempted to fly it in these conditions. I took off and checked the trim, then took my hands off. He tensed up and I told him to take control. He could not believe it was the same gyroplane.If you would like any help yell outAussie Paul.

Comment

As you know Matt the standard Rosco is a twitchy zippy light machine and if you master it you can fly anything. For example you could be up in a Robbinson R22 as a passenger for the first time when the pilot gets a snake bite on the end of his "old fellow" while relieving himself during a bush landing and begs you to fly him to hospital (after you have refused to suck the poison) as he"s passing out. You could save the pilots life and your reputation ;D

Comment

struth max your a bloody funny bugger. munroe you just can"t compete with his quality / style and timing . I did all my solo stuff in a rosco and absolutely bloody loved it. begged my instructer to sell it to me but he said I was bit big for it and

Comment

That"s one sexy little flying machine Tony. I"d be proud to sit in that. I must say the Rosco undercarriage is very light and simple but doesn"t like too many students doing heavy landings or too much rough road trailer work. I think your suspension is a great idea. I like to have three Gyro"s, a Large, medium and small (Just like my women) ;D

Comment

Thanks guys, Paul looks like a neat job that you have done there. Max I am more than happy with the way it flys. You have flown it a few times ( if you can call one of them flying

Comment

I was a bit nervous the first time I tested a modified Rosco with a F/Glass springy undercarriage but soon got used to it. (Just like changing from a ridged woman to a nice big springy one) ;D

Comment

Trailering is real tough on any gyro and really should be avoided if possible. If not avoidable, at least set your trailer up or the weight of the gyro & include shockers.Twitchy is the best trainer ever built, if you can fly that, you can fly anything

Comment

Thinking back, I"ve had three Rosco under-carriage failures over the years. Two when students did heavy landings. On each occasion we skidded along with one side collapsed and the blades held us up for a while giving the high side bloke time to lean out and counter balance the craft while the low side bloke got out and held her up until the blades stopped. At that point the high side man jogged off and fetched some rocks and sticks to prop. the old girl up. I"ve learnt over the years to anticipate a heavy landing in advance and now take over. The third time was during a bush take-off the LH wheel hit a hole or a rock in the spinafex and when we landed back home my female passenger with her big strong loverly legs managed to hold up the craft giving me time to run around the other side and prop the craft with rocks.

Comment

the bearing company C.B.C. have released products called "neourprene crane bump stops." they are your typical plastic looking products with bubles of air in them [ I tested them under the press at work first ] to see them reach the specs they claim . the specs are that it will travel [ compress 75 % of the orginal length ] so an 80 mm long bump stop will compress to just 20 mm .I first thought that they could be used for this shock on our gyro"s system.

Comment

Working...
                    X