Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah!This guys a top shelf wally, so is the

Comment

First Tall Tail is roughed up enough now for the first owner to dress it off and give it paint.Mitch.

Comment

2 more

Comment

Hello mitchAs a life long spraypainter and composite finisher your comments about roughed up and ready for the owner to finish off is a huge mouthfull,especially for the person who is going to do it.Looks bloody good tho.Did the original tail on the butterfly give you good rudder control at low speed/gusty conditions,or is this an improvement?If you could pull it out of the shed and get closer to it when you pull the trigger it would be easy on the eye,the background to your pix would be less cluttered and focus attention on the object.Let me know when you are over.peter

Comment

G"Day Pete,Been away for a week to Sydney for a wedding...just catchin up.Pete, I had intended trying to catch up with Sam on the way thru...However, I have a fair drive at a slow pace ahead of me after off-loading from the "Spirit". I think I will likely head straight for Kevin"s place at Lameroo.Now as a self taught ( in the last five minutes ) lousy spraypainter let me say this...all Big Al has to do is spot bog, and re-touch with primer before applying a two pack epoxy colour coat and clear OR send it to the painters for them to finish. I understand Allan has some experience in this area, he is the new owner.In fact Pete, this Tall Tail is really a proof of concept prototype and I was just trying to be funny with Al.I dont have the facility to paint tails BUT they will leave my shop white gelcoat, glued, blogged and rubbed up with 1000 W&D, ready for painting. OR if the client so desires I have a local panel and spray shop who are keen to get involved.Are you heading to Lameroo Pete, hope to see you there.Cheers,Mitch.

Comment

Sorry Pete, Forgot to answer your question re the tails. The original is an AirCommand tail, with a modified HS arrangement, originally mounted low on the VS but with Butterfly/Monarch, mounted high up in the prop wash.As yet neither Allan or I have had an opportunity to fly this tail. Daj has a kevlar version ex the USA which we bought back last year.I did not experience any problems with the original tail, then again I wasn"t looking for gusty conditions. At low speed it had plenty of power, it is quite a big VS on a good length of moment arm.Larry Neal assures us this tail is by far superior to the AC Tail, I have no doubt that will prove to be the case but testing and flying off some hrs first, before final judgements. Cheers Pete.Mitch.

Comment

Working...
              X