2 seat Gyro on Floats - Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 seat Gyro on Floats - Plans

Hello. Wanting to convert from Light Aircraft to Gyrocopters, I was wanting any infomation on obtaining plans for a light 2 seat gyro on floats. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Best regards. Jeff

Gyros on floats, while a few have flown, is not a good idea.The problem of so much drag way below the thrust line makes them dangerously and inherantly unstable.

Comment

I bet you could do it Birdy!

Comment

Ay Disco the only water Birdy has is in the waterbottle unless he got some in the last couple of days.Cheers Des Garvin

Comment

How about this as a floating gyro?

Comment

PSPlans are available from the Vertol Division of Boeing! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

That chinny dont look like a real happy duck. I mite have to strap a coupla 44s to me mains if this rain dont let up Disco.

Comment

""That chinny dont look like a real happy duck. I mite have to strap a coupla 44s to me mains if this rain dont let up Disco. ""C"mon Birdy,Don"t forget the Moo"s. They might need water-wings as well, unless you have enough 44"s and duct tape to tape a couple on each??!The Chook is more than happy as it can land and take off in gale force 12 and 20 foot waves!I am happy that our mutual acquaintance is quiet for a change!!??Joew

Comment

What"s wrong with a nice slippery cabin, a high mast and a set of floats that can be raised after take off and tucked into the cabin. exposing a nice set of wheels incase you wish to land on solid ground? Just kicking ideas around as i have an interest in this subject as i now live by the sea at Wagait beach, near Darwin. Max Tate

Comment

That tropical madness is affectn you already Max.

Comment

Poor old Birdy is so afraid of the ocean he surrounds himself with 1500 km of land. Slip up here and i"ll give you some councelling Birdy.

Comment

""""Hello. Wanting to convert from Light Aircraft to Gyrocopters, I was wanting any infomation on obtaining plans for a light 2 seat gyro on floats. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Best regards. Jeff""""Seriously, Jeff,You may want to look at this sports copter flying with floats.http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WKD-zf...eature=related Joew

Comment

This is first testing of the Xenon on floats, crappy day and videoing, but you can get the idea.http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PuvLYwlNs

Comment

Thanks for those Utubes. I"m very keen on building an amphibious gyro. Lots of advantages around here. I think we should encourage anyone contemplating placing a gyro on floats.

Comment

Gyros on floats, while a few have flown, is not a good idea.The problem of so much drag way below the thrust line makes them dangerously and inherantly unstable.I"m with Birdy on this one.The floats will lower the machines Centre of Gravity in relation to its Thrust Line, and Centre of Pressure in relation to its Centre of Gravity. A much greater momment arm and Neg loaded Horizontal Stab would be required to sort it out. Its a very pretty video of the Sports Copter, and it seems to fly well. This is because its a calm day. On a rough day, things would tend to be very different indeed.Have a look at Cierva"s C30 and how he set it up to fly with floats. Big momment arm, Big HS, and Big tail rudder. Cant"s see any of these mods done on the Sport"s copter.Regards SamL................

Comment

Working...
                              X