Aluminium Grades and Sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminium Grades and Sources

I"m looking to get some 4mm aluminium for new chassis cheek-plates.

Buzz, 4mm 5083 for plates. Forget 6061T6 unless you want to use 3mm which would be ok.

Comment

All the plates i used on my new one was 6mm 5083, just a little more piece of mind, and it looks strong.

Comment

am i correct in saying that 5083 is marine grade?and more readily available??i have heard of a number of people using it and seems to be very adequatecheers adrian

Comment

am i correct in saying that 5083 is marine grade?and more readily available??i have heard of a number of people using it and seems to be very adequatecheers adrian 5083 is marine grade Adrian, and excellent for cheek plate material.Aussie Paul.

Comment

If 5083 ( at 4mm) is OK for cheekplates,

Comment

6 MM !! Goodness Bones have you been eating to much junk food? Buzz, don"t reinvent the wheel. 5083 is easy to source,easy to cut and more strength than you will ever need. It sounds like you need to buy a set of plans from Rod Torr 54974961.

Comment

6 MM !! Goodness Bones have you been eating to much junk food? You know Muz there are certain things that just are water off a ducks back but calling me a fat b**stard is just not good form.You might like to know that we dont have the privalige of have some one sweep our concrete strip before we land ya know.

Comment

Murray, thanks for the positive info regarding the Al, I do appreciate it, honestly.Secondly, what in my question/s makes you think I need plans?

Comment

Hi davidbuzzDo yourself a huge favour and take the chip off of your shoulder. Murray and many other of ASRA"S VOLUNTEERS do a fantastic job of offering there time, services and knowledge to the lesser likes pilots like myself.

Comment

yoshi, stop reading what you think I said, and go back and read what I actually said.

Comment

Bones, I expect a red carpet at the strip for my arrival on Saturday Buzz O"l boy...All the plans that I have seen have material grades,sizes and a lot of other good info for your reading pleasure. And, are from reputable builders who have many of their designs flying. Hardly uneducated guesses.I suggested Rod Torr plans as this frame would suit a large diameter prop.

Comment

Murray, I"ve contacted Rod, and will be reviewing his plans soon. Despite not really needing most of the plans

Comment

Working...
                          X