No announcement yet.

Starting from Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max, probably about a year ago there was a u-tube link showing a gyro with "little tip rocket sort of things" on the rotors. it was all powered from a "little tip rocket propulsion tank gas thing" down lower under the the engine. anyway i can remember someone said that it was delivered up through the rotor head, and that it would of been interesting to see the design.

Comment

Sounds great Tony, surely some smart bugger can come up with something where the fuel is in the hollow blades, plenty of fuel pressure after the pre- rotator has hit 80 rpm and it could be on an air/speed switch and ignite automatically. (most new idea"s come from dreams) Einstein said that imagination was more important than knowledge. The worlds aeronautical engineers thought sykasky was a nutter when he believed V.T.O. was possible. (forgotten how to spell that russian"s name)

Comment

well it"s been done max, i think a bit easier than fuel storage in spinning rotors too. god we don"t have many rotor manufactures left and talk like yours would make rob and gerry SHUDDER in fright i"m sure. ;D ;D ;D.

Comment

Working...
        X