chassis layout for a drop-keel gyro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chassis layout for a drop-keel gyro?

While waiting for my plans to turn up, I"ve been playing around with my 3D design software, and using some of the measurements I took from a couple of gyros in the hangar ( thanks Nick, et. al.)

no comments?

Comment

David,Ive put a few together and your design could be fine, but you wont know until you stick all the bits on. When you do, will there be enough clearance on the top of the prop between the rotors? will there be enough between the keel and bottom of your prop? will there be too much? what angle will your cheek plates be in relation to your mast, it will depend on your hang test and that will depend on the balance of weight, where you put your engine and your seat. A great big tall mast is great if you are flying 29 footers but if you are only flying 24"s then there is no need, shorter masts are easier to handle on the ground and much easier to get in the shed when you are finished at the end of the day.If you copied measuerments from another Gyro that you know flyies well and all the bits on it are the same as yours, then you should have a sound design, or at least a machine that flies as well as your mates.Mark.

Comment

my 76" 3blade prop is the big element in my design, so I have to have a large drop keel, and high-ish mast for top and bottom clearances.I"m not convinced that those questions you posed can"t be answered before I start building, just by measuring the weight

Comment

Working...
        X