mounting a 912s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting a 912s

it,s time to look at upgrading from my ea81 to a 912s. what major [ or hard changes ] are there to be. i have seen rosco "s with rotax in them awhile ago now but never took that much notice. also the rotax being lighter can i put it back slightly to compensate for the heavier sooby motor it would be replacing and keep my balance correct. i know i would be able to mount the engine but any help would be appreciated .

It,s not much point putting a 912 or 914if you cant fly streight or level

Comment

I thort that mounting the 912 back from the mast would help the hang angle too, but it didnt.Ruel of thumb is the head needs to move forwards by @3", either by moveing the mast, and everythn onit, or just fixing extending cheek plates.And depending on your redrive on your soob, the prop rotation will be oppoiste [ 912 is ccw from behind], so the fin offset needs to be changed and the control rods swaped sides.Only other change is, hang on tite.

Comment

thanks birdy, i did realise the different roration, but didn"t want to change the mast that much.so i"ll have a rethink. i do appreciate the reply thou.

Comment

jussy, my little mate , welcome to the forum, i"ll bet you were just about wetting yourself posting that reply."ya smart ass". but the truth is we both know i can fly straight and level mate, i always get where we say we are going , quicker and using less fuel, watching you buzzing around not knowing which way to go UNLESS

Comment

Working...
          X