Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a nice pic. Aussie Paul. []Image Insert: 73.41

Comment

Set one up on Dave's gyro a week back dial indicator showed only 3thou runout across cotton reels & 0 in all other directions This reduced stick shake to FA old head then tested showed 12thou runout & did have osilating stick effect& thank you Greg for original postPS Dave probably can't turn computor on he's old schoolButch

Comment

Paul, that is a real nice looking & well made machine. Mitch, hard to fathom that you had to remove your short post regarding the rotor heads that Patronney has for sale for $1100 (Ph. 07 4154 8180) but the " FLY " can post pages of gutter garbage & dribble . I suppose we can blame PM John Howard for that ,too.

Comment

Yes Paul that is a nicely ASSEMBLED machine.

Comment

Butch, No Problems at all. I'm not sure if that was Rob's problem exactly but it appears he has learnt some PC skills posting on the Gyke Flight Page (Bundaberg to Bindoon). Happy to help and promote this sport anyway I can.Paul that is very tidy! Nice ship.Echo, Dave whilst I agree with you both it seems there is a process for adverts to be placed and paid for by commercial operators....even if we are all going broke and doing this because we love it not because it pays the bills.Southern Horizon Components Pty Ltd ( me and ole Mate )can not afford to advertise at this point in time, so the www.thebutterflyllc.com link is helpfull in raising awareness and apparently is allowed for within the ASRA policy/guidelines.I hope Dave and Rob's rotor heads turn out to be a good reliable product available to the gyro community for many years to come. We need manufactures but this very small sport flying niche does not allow for large financial investment or long and expensive advertising campaigns. I think we need a little more latitude as Dave suggests. Nice one Echo, or is that 'Plugger'.Deeper in Trouble.Mitch. www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Murray BarkerYes Paul that is a nicely ASSEMBLED machine.Hi Murray, it is a little more than an assembled Raf kit. There has been an enormous amount of extra stuff done in magnificent detail, just look at the engine tappet covers, but your point is noted.I envy you neat and tidy bastards!!!![:I]Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Sorry Paul, just S*#t stiring. Yes it is nice. Now if only the Thrust L......

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Murray BarkerSorry Paul, just S*#t stiring. Yes it is nice. Now if only the Thrust L......That's fine Murray. I am used to it!!!!! Yeah, the thrust line!!!!I have wanted the owner to do my Raf mods for 2 years, and he was going to do them this summer. He hates flying in the thermally summer conditions!!!!! and they are not bad down here compared to up north in real heat. Eh Birdy!!!Firstly I want to remove our stab and test the Raf stabilator in its own right. We have only tested it with our stab fitted. So, to be fair to Raf I should test it without our stab in the actual Raf scenario.My mods to it will be stepping the keel and lowering the engine redrive 6" and raking the keel back up to place the tail wheel where it is now. This will give approx 3 extra degrees Negative AoA to the stab. This is ok as long as you do not have zero airspeed, engine idling, and open the tap suddenly. Most recreationbal pilots won't do anything like that.All it really needs after that is vertical fins on the stabs to fix some of the yaw instability with doors on down here in our colder climate.I hate this bloody bandaiding things. It is far easier to built it right to start with than modify!!!Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

The only thing that bothers me bout them thermals Paul is theres no know'n how high they are guna go.Downers are a pice o cake, they only go to the ground.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.You can always get the answer you want, if you ask enough experts.

Comment

Has anyone got a pic or two of these new heads?Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

beutiful machine paul.after goin for a lap with russ at dysart the old fella was fairly impressed and can see the merrits of havin one around. might even save the bro a few days bounsin around in the bigger padocks, across rocks in and out of chinee apple (very prickly) and rubber-vine by hirin one.but now he's seen a few good ones the pressure is on to take a pay cut and round up that one in darwin for $8000, after ive spent a year sortin this one out!!!they all crash the same, only that raf would leave shiny rubbish and crap every where and mine could probably be carted away in a wheel barra[] [].

Comment

Paul, an enviable finish, such polish must take a good deal of time but it most certainly isn't wasted.Eric - unlike yourself, at least I can substantiate what I say.Regards,Nick.

Comment

Working...
                          X