NEW ROTOR HEADS Available.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW ROTOR HEADS Available.

G'Day Gents,Had occassion to chat with Rob Patroney today re: other matters and was advised Rob has new rotor heads for sale.Regards,Mitch [}]www.thebutterflyllc.com

Did he forget to mention they were designed in conjuction with Dave Stbberfield & that he to has them for sale.Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Greg MitchellRotor Head...6061-T6, turned up from a cylindrical block, all one piece. Main bearing...double row ball bearing. Teeter towers have double row ball bearings with stainless steel cotton reels (top hats). All bearings water and dust proof. Head includes teeter plate. Extremely accurate CNC machined, bolt together, no side play.This rotor head has been tested for 2,500 hrs by Rusty Ferguson, with no visible wear. Cost: $700 plus GST.Hey Mitch that is not a rotor head, that is half a rotor head!!![]Complete Rotor head assembly including torque tube and knuckles (longitudinal and lateral pivots are glacier bushed) with replacable glacier bushes. (Teflon lined steel bushes) Cotton reels included.Complete rotor head assembly Cost: $1100 plus GST.Now that is a true decription of a rotor head.[^]To me a rotor head is what you bolt to your head plates, and then add the cross bar that suits your control mechanism.Knowing Rob and Daves work, I bet they are magnificent.[^]Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

5 months ago and now this!G'Day Butch,Yep Rob mentioned he was in it with Dave, cant recall if he said Dave had them on hand or not, was just doing Rob ( and Dave ) a favour posting the info mainly cause Rob doesn't get on here and I cant remember the last time I saw your Dad post.G'Day Paul,A rotor head to me is a rotor head. Then there is a complete rotor head assembly. Sorry if you found the post confusing or misleading....there is a lot of that going on in this industry...Ha Ha Ha (that's me laughing out loud) I just dont like using that LOL thing.Butch,Has anyone bought a head yet? How's it all comming along?Mitch.www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

Hi Mitch, the complete assembly has always been called the rotor head. Bloody new commers!!!!!!!!![:0]Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Well Bugger Me we better inform the guy who gave me the info. Bloody 'Johnny Come Lately's', we are all the same.Mitch.www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

As in agreement with Paul, Rotor Heads (complete)(as an assembly) consists of the Rotor Head plates pillars upwards.........., Trunion block, Torque tube and cross arm (normally without Rod ends) Main bearing and bearing block (and this can incorporate a "register" machined into the main bearing block for a "ring gear plate" for example to utilize Pre-Rotation) and main pillars with bushes and bushings (and this depends on individual manufactured parts or CNCd in one piece), the "jesus Bolt is normally supplied.Pete Barsden

Comment

Thanks Pete, another old timer who knows what the real meaning is!!!!! LOL. Sorry Johny, I mean Mitch!!Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

It's OK , Mitch ,I knew what you meant........

Comment

Thanks Echo...I'm taking my bat and ball now.....Cheers.www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

Just leave the pitch there, we need somewhere to land Mitch!!Regards,ChristopherSpeaking without thinking; is like shooting without taking aim - Spanish Proverb

Comment

Gents,Due to the above being a 'non paid for advertisement' I was asked to remove it. See it was OK till you blokes piped up. Now it's an issue.Mumble, mumble mumble......Hey Chris, I'm taking the friggin pitch to. Mumble!www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

"Due to the above being a 'non paid for advertisement' I was asked to remove it. See it was OK till you blokes piped up. Now it's an issue."Its nice to know whats available and that is surely a part of the forum? We have a 'for sale' area. Is there a charge for posting there? With only a couple of hundred or so registered gyros, its a pretty small market, advertising can not be cost effective. That leaves the 'old boy network' and if your not in the loop, you don't know whats around.I say use this forum and post the 'ads' for the benefit of the membership.Dave

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Greg MitchellGents,Due to the above being a 'non paid for advertisement' I was asked to remove it. See it was OK till you blokes piped up. Now it's an issue.Mumble, mumble mumble......Hey Chris, I'm taking the friggin pitch to. Mumble!www.thebutterflyllc.comI have had to put up with that decision as well Mitch. It seems that there is a fine line between commercial and pvt!!!!!!Never mind.I now have the nicest gyroplane ever built in Oz, and would match it on the world stage, for sale.Gee, am I going to get asked to remove the add because my friend wants me to post it for him?Well let's find out!!!!ASRA, don't take this too personal, I still have a little bit of cheek left in the old bod.. LOLI will place it in the forum members for sale section tomorrow.Aussie paul. []Image Insert: 67.68 KBImage Insert: 53.84 KBImage Insert: 52.98 KBwww.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

More.[:0]It has been fitted with the Raf "stabilator" since these pics were taken and has the latest Raf blades with the beefed up hub bar. has lovely covers for it as well.Image Insert: 69.8 KBwww.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Working...
                              X