CNC Mill adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC Mill adventures

Hi all,I"ve finally taken the plunge and bought myself a CNC conversion kit for my mill.hopefully the old dog new tricks thing isn"t true as I"m turning 40 in a couple of months.When its all up and running I"ll be needing a couple of practice projects so hopefully some of you out there will be able to give me some suggestions.First concept is to set up as an engraver similar to the work that Echo had done recently on his new dash.Longer term plan is to build a CNC controlled Plasma cutting table and a 3D router big enough to do pattern work for fibre-glass fuselages/pods etc.If I can draw it then , "it" should be able to make it.Be great to be able to set it up then go home and come back the next day with all the work done.........ahhhhh....here"s a couple of pics to whet the appetitecheersArt

Damn looking sweet, what was your address did you say

Comment

Hmmm,You could call it "pixie"..Cheers,Nick.

Comment

Hey Art,Good to catch up. Sorry I spent 70% of the time ginin around trying to get DVD"s to work.Mate, do you, will you do small runs of milled stuff?You dont look a day over 30, that"s a good thing. Sarah is lovely. You are a lucky man Art.Did you like Lloyd Magner"s Biggenden DVD production?Have a great New Year.Mitch.

Comment

The visit was great thanks...The other 30% was worth the visit on its own.When I"m up to speed with the system I"ll be chasing small runs of work, ideally one-offs that way It wont get too boring.I hate making multiples of things....Lloyds DVD was excellent, I"ll return it soon with some other stuff soon.Let me know when the house warming is, I might just make a trip down, I"d hate to miss a good party,The House is awesome by the way, lots of credit where credit is due.cheersArt

Comment

Hey Art,Maybe....small lots of 5 ??? ;DI went back and revisited the Gyro News.....great issue, lots of good pics and interviews....Top Shelf. I hope ASRA looks after you Art. I will try and put a couple of articles together for the GN.That DVD is yours Art. Lloyd did a fantastic job. I will send along the other two DVD"s we talked about.....ping me with a PM to rocksfly@gmail.com and give me your address.

Comment

Curious:

Comment

Working...
              X