Engine tuning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine tuning.

Finally got my EJ25 running good. Microtech electronics. Tied the craft to a tree and went to full throttle and adjusted the figure's. Fuel consumption up a bit but runs nice and smooth as.

Are you using and AFR system for your tuning?

Waddles
    Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

• mad max
      mad max commented
      Editing a comment
      Excuse my ignorance Waddles. What is AFR? I just listened to the motor. I installed a Fuel air ratio meter and wired it to an extra O2 sensor. But it doesn't make any sense to me. Each future flight I will drop the overall mixture by one per cent until the consumption is reasonable.

Air Fuel Ratio Max. I just fitted a system to my EJ25 and am in the process of tuning it. What ratios are you setting up please? So far, around the 12.9 : 1 seems to be working OK on mine, but haven't done any serious fuel consumption checks yet.
    Waddles.
    Waddles

Comment

My AFR meter seems to be not working Waddles. I don't get to flight test very often as I have to trailer my craft 15km away where there is a fire trail. I'm still looking at land out your way to hopefully for- fill a life time dream of having my aircraft at my door step.

Comment

Well I've given up trying to leave the NT and find my sport aviation Utopia as world politics has gone a bit weird. I have coaxed my EJ25 in the past down to 16 LPH but over time have concluded that that is too lean and not good for the engine. My last two flights the consumption has been about 30 LPH. I have been carrying around some big blokes and maintaining 4750 rpm. The engine seems to like that richness. I guess 160 hp engines on GA craft drink more than that.

Comment

Still working on mine Max, but it's looking like 22 LPH at 4700 RPM. I can't fit big blokes in my cabin so my weights are likely down on yours.
          Waddles

Comment

I remember like yesterday Waddles doing an Instructors fight test years ago in your machine. You said to round out at 600ft. I hit full throttle and blinked a couple of times and we were at 800ft. In hindsight I should have glanced at the VSI. Over here I have trouble finding a microtech expert. The designer of the system was flying up here one time to check out drag racers ect. I made contact but got scared off when he started saying things like "I'll bring an oxygen sensor with me. It only costs $400" He thinks the gyronauts are loaded like the racing mob

Comment

Those "techos" know how the charge that's for sure. I'm now running a standard Subaru system. Works well but no tuning adjustments available. Still performs though.
              Waddles

Comment

Yes I have built another gyro as o'l mate gave me an EJ 22 motor ect and I installed the original Subaru EFI system. It runs real good. Still under trial. Was driving my little 2010 Subaru Impreza car today and observed it only revs at 1500rpm at 60kph. compared to the gyro cruising around the sky at 4500rpm.

Comment

Working...
                X