How Lucky Was This Fella.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Lucky Was This Fella.

This happened some years ago but is just as relavant today as then. A Beech Bonaza was being jump started at the

bit like the same type of thing happened i whitnessed, the gyro was pushed out the shed, started to warm up, then i noticed some VERY persihed fuel lines, so i was CAREFUL to to keep a distance to the spinny thing, while telling the owner of my concerns, upon showing him, he agreed they were bad and decided to go back around to the other side of the machine to shut it down to replace the lines before the flight, it was then that the backpacker, who had no idea of anything other than breathing, decided he wanted to know what was going on(since the owner was waiting for the machine to warm up propper before shutting down) i stupidly decided to show the backpacker what we were talking about, so standing at the cab leaning back, to see the lines to show him, but he decided to WALK back to see better, i think i pulled him away from the prop with about 1" to spare.Had i not done this he would have walked right into a 914 prop running at about 2500rpm, not an ordinary prop, it was an ivo mag, and it would have made a real job of him.

Comment

On descent into our makeshift helipad, I took notice of an SEC fellow (this is a a while back cause SEC dosn"t exist any longer) up a power pole, landed my jety and whilst conducting the run down this clown head appeared at my door, well you can only imagine the expletives, especially after his reply, "What"s your problem, I am wearing a hard hat" you dumb ass.

Comment

MY machine earlier this year was running a little rough. While it was idling I decided to do some troubleshooting. It appeared to be ignition so I pulled the plug leads off one at a time. Well I found the problem bad lead, I went to pull the lead off and bang I got bitten. Well I flinched and near put my damn elbow through the bloody prop. Tell you what it was close I learnt to be a bit more careful after that.

Comment

Working...
        X