Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the love of flying

I went flying on sunday, on 1 of my more

I took the misses for a fly up the beach last sunday, around the lighthouse and back. (half hr.) At 8pm that night I got a text from one of those o"beast dead beats that prob. sits on a computer all day complaining that I was disturbing the peace, threatening to report me to police, casa, ect. I wish it was possible and legal to dematerialise such oxygen thieves!

Comment

sorry to hear that max, I stay away from one area cause there is one or some retired fw oldies that think they know all the rules and winge. I think it is because they no longer get up there any more . funny how some of them stick together thou. another mate who used to fly competition in his pitts special was telling me that a mate of his complained that I flew too low and over his house. I asked did he know how low could I fly and he replied NO.!! I told him our flying window and his eyebrows raised with amazement. i then also explained that I DON"T fly over houses. and I would of been much higher . it settled him somewhat. only for my mate to then tell me he used to fly past the same mates house. [past not over it ] "INVERTED"

Comment

A yak, a harvard and a jet-ranger flies around here sometimes. I"m sure they"re noisier than my gyro, but as you know gyro"s seem to be often victimised. I wish I could give them some good publicity. Rescue a lost female backpacker suffering from nymphomania or something? Anyway this weekend the misses and I are going to a private ex WW2 airstrip (commarlie creek) where anyone who loves aviation turns up with or without a flying machine and camps the night, a small band singing WW2 songs, sometimes a prat and wittney engine chugging at night on a trailer with exhausts glowing red. I always fly the flag for gyro"s. One night there was a blitse truck roaring along the runway with a jet engine. The owner of the strip is an aviation historian and can tell some great yarns such as one reconnaissance plane flew so low during a mission to Rabaul during WW2 that they hit the jap. flag pole and came part way back across the Timor sea with the flag and part of the pole stuck in the wing. So it will be great to mix with aviation friendly people for a day and night and get away from the odd o"beast, envious, gutless, sport aviation hater, oxygen thief!

Comment

Working...
        X