Gyro trip to Cameron Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro trip to Cameron Corner

Last Friday ten gyros left from various parts of NSW to meet at Narromine for a four day trip to Cameron Corner. After several attempts two gyros from Wollongong and one from Katoomba were turned back by the weather and only seven made it to Narromine. Four MTO Sports, two Xenons and one Magni M24.We covered 1400 nautical miles in the four days without any of the gyros missing a beat, saw the country at its best after a bit of rain, met some great people even a couple of gyro mustering pilots at Cameron Corner who had never seen the European style gyros before.Looking forward to the next trip. One tip, at Cobar the fuel people charge $110.00 per plane call out fee plus Avgas at around $ 2.70 / litre. Luckily a local fella with a ute and fuel drums helped us out and we avoided the charge.

Great to hear of your trip Rick, keep posting more info that way you will push Max"s and Blackes X file thread down the list.

Comment

Well done Rick, I was talking about this trip last year and found it difficult with the logistics and you made it real / possible, if our plan eventuates I"ll know who to talk to...Legend. and Matt your right i gotta go flying.Mike.

Comment

Sounds like you all enjoyed your trip out to one of my favourite spots. Its amazing country, despite the fact that the country out that way is known as a " desert", its anything but most of the time. It responds to a rain in an amazing way growing everything from soft grasses to canegrass . Cattle do extra well although if it wasnt for the dogs, it would make magnificent Dorper country.

Comment

A lot of water on the ground Brian especially between White Cliffs and Tibooburra. I"m doing another trip next month out to Mungo National Park, it will be interesting to see the country a bit further south after the rain.I know it can be pretty tough living out there but after a good downpour it looks like an oasis

Comment

Great trip Rick. Sounds awesome. You just keep organising :-)

Comment

A lot of water on the ground Brian especially between White Cliffs and Tibooburra. I"m doing another trip next month out to Mungo National Park, it will be interesting to see the country a bit further south after the rain.I know it can be pretty tough living out there but after a good downpour it looks like an oasisMungo is only about 60 k"s from here so keep us in the loop when you are going to do the trip, It would be great to catch up or you might be able to do a slight detour..........

Comment

Hi Chopper,I tried to send you an email but it keeps bouncing back, either gremlins in the system or you haven"t paid your bill.Regards

Comment

possibly gremlins I reckon

Comment

A couple of photos from the trip for anyone interested. Cameron corner from the air and on the ground.

Comment

Great photos thanks Rick, nearly makes me homestick ......love that so called "desert country" !! Spent a lot of my life in that area...all the way from the corner westerly to with sight of lake Eye.

Comment

Working...
                      X