G4005 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4005 for sale

Rod Milne built 582 powered gyro for sale.24ft Bert Larkin blades, IVO prop.Has a soft start electric pre-rotater that I have unbolted because it is quite heavy and requires a heavy battery. $8000 with purpose built off road trailer or $7500 for gyro alone. Well priced for a low thrustline machine with a tall tail that runs and flies perfectly.Gyro is based in the NT. Not sure how I will go attaching pics

How ya go"n Mark?Bet you havent had as much rain there as we have ere, in the "desert". Wot you go"n to fly now?

Comment

Mark, the "soft start", is that some sort of clutch system I see on top of the pre-rotator motor?

Comment

Murray, Looks like a clutch out of a chainsaw. I am nowhere near clever enough to rig something like it up, it was set up when I bought it. It works a treat though but as I said it is heavy. G,day BirdyI am moving from 1 million acres to my own 1500 acres. After 18 years I feel like I am over the leisure flying. If I find some contracting work where one will be useful I will get another four stroke set up for mustering.The centre has certainly done well with the rain, I would love to see that country now. A buyer has put a bunch of our cows (yes Brahmans!) on agistment down there just outside of Alice. There is a first time for everything.

Comment

Murray,That was my old machine,Les Edgerton made the clutch for me when the Larkin hub bar cracking issue came up a couple of years ago and it was thought that the hard start electric pre rotators may have been contributing to the cracking.It is as Mark says a chain saw clutch setup except springs push the flyweights out against a steel ring with the clutch being on the driven part or the output side of the clutch not on the driving side as you would find on a chainsaw. Initially it slips but as the output side/rotors pick up speed the weight impart more pressure on the steel ring and slippage stops. The clutch itself wasn"t that heavy but the electric stater motor did have a fair bit of weight in it.Rob

Comment

Working...
          X