GPS's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS's

Was thinking of up dating my GPS........lots and lots to choose from.Any feedback re the Garman 496 model, this seems to be my choice...........butmaybe there is something else more betterer.The garman is around $1800 bucks
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Geez Russ,

Comment

I just got a GPS III Pilot (garmin).

Comment

Russ by the your raftor is in the air that gps will be out of date. Who knows what will be out there in years to come.

Comment

"IFR".................yip, every time i fly

Comment

Geez Russ,

Comment

I have been using an Avmap for a year now and its brilliant !!

Comment

Got hold of a 296 garman the other day.........gave it a run................bewdyful, got one now on order ;D

Comment

Should be around $12-1300,

Comment

the cheapest 296 I could find was $1550 .. just ordered one myselfrotor

Comment

have used Mendellsons on a couple of occassions for aero stuff..........great service.was told to try out another supplier by a friend, he said give "The aero shop" a call......so i did, told him to express post me new GPS.............that was near 2 weeks ago........still waiting.He said he had it in stock, no probs, would get it away the following day, gave him me credit card details.......yip that was 2 weeks ago, and still waiting. >Will i be useing that guy again.....................no bleedin way

Comment

1296AU$ online from aircraft Spruce with the pacific aviation database in a 296

Comment

Freight would cost around $70 i recon and would take 3 days or so.

Comment

1296AU$ online from aircraft Spruce with the pacific aviation database in a 296So that"s $1,425.52 AU today at 96 cents to our dollar .... I paid $1,559.71 AU delivered so you"ll save $135 - it may cost you that if you"ve got to send it back for warranty .. I don"t think Garmin Australia will warranty an overseas purchase and they have to go back to the US.I bought mine from here - spoke to Ian yesterday and they still have one left .. Recreation Flying Forums Click on the shop link from there ... Just had a look and the"yre only $1,499.00 plus delivery .... good price!!They run the shop to support young flyers - all profits go to Flying scholarships to put youngsters through the RAA-Aus pilot course ....rotor

Comment

have used Mendellsons on a couple of occassions for aero stuff..........great service.was told to try out another supplier by a friend, he said give "The aero shop" a call......so i did, told him to express post me new GPS.............that was near 2 weeks ago........still waiting.He said he had it in stock, no probs, would get it away the following day, gave him me credit card details.......yip that was 2 weeks ago, and still waiting. >Will i be useing that guy again.....................no bleedin waybeen caught by them before .... I think they order in what you buy - no stock on shelves!! Wade Air are another mob that take forever to get your purchase to you - waited about 6 months for a Warp Drive Spinner ... never again - Spruce is a lot quicker and cheaper ....rotor

Comment

Working...
                              X