2009 Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Nationals

Well, those who didn"t go missed a very memorable event. Tassie is very much worth the trip as its GREEN and undulating, very pretty and not over run with people. Nothing seems busy....except the airport. Only flat spot I spotted was the river which is a story in itself. The Lodge was grand and the strip was located with a generous amount of trees to the north and the river to the east. While I dint get to see the view from the air, those who flew enjoyed a grand spectacle with the coast only a few K"s away, the river mouth just there and a valley all the way to Launceston and hills all around.Mitch and Elise pulled a real off ripper , I cannot give enough praise [even if he is a wonderful friend] . The work and promoting that was done was enormous, they had no club to delegate jobs too so Mitch and Elise did the lot basically. Everywhere we went in Beaconsfield had posters of the even, some places had 6 or so posters and I heard some 200 plus indemnity forms were were filled out

It was a big team effort.Many folk contributed and Allan worked his butt off all week.Muzza and the Board also.Thankyou to all who made such a big effort to attend and make the event what it was.Two hundred indemnity forms signed with up to 6 people on the one form. Alison who was manning the indemnity signing station believes we had well over 400 people on Saturday. Not including Friday and Sunday. We had a fantastic time catching up with friends and making new ones.We will miss you all.Mitch.PSIt is evident from the pictures that QLD gyro batteries are not up to cope with the ambient temps in Tas. Hence the attempts to tow start both gyroplanes.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Brian. Looking forward to the next visit.Here is another tow pic....Bruce on his way up the The Lodge after touring the state earlier in the week.

Comment

It was great to meet Rob Patroney for the first time as I have spoken to him many times. Also making the trip, was Owen and Barb Dull looking very much in holiday mode and already planning to fly to WA next year as is most of the Queensland crew, making the trip from east to west will be interesting given the winds. Also was Steven ........ Australian /American who is building a Sportcopter. All the ASRA board attended bar Jacko & Bones who unfortunately had other pressing engagements.Mitch made an interesting point with the crowd as families would have used the same indemnity form as did Rosie and I so 400 could well be spot on and Friday and Sunday were busy as well.It was excellent to see so many of the wife"s/ girlfriends etc and family groups that attended and I think it augers well for the sport to see the women make the trip.WA now have the pressure firmly in their court now and especially knowing the Queenslanders are going to make the trip although I"m not sure that the QL mob will get allowed into WA

Comment

Copied below is an email I recieved from a member of the West Tamar Council.Shortly after recieveing same, Allan Wardill and I attended the Council Offices to return safety vests and were interviewed in Council chambers by three members of the West Tamar Council.They were very curious about gyroplanes, stated that we had certainly put gyroplanes in the forefront of many Tasmanians minds and were keen to see a repeat of the Nationals event and participation in the Three Peaks Race Fly By as "it made the event more than just a yacht race and people loved it, it gave them more to do and see on the long weekend. " The Council Officers were also very helpfull in assisting with acquiring a low level flying area local to this area and also in gaining permissions to access various beaches.What a joy it is to have a Council who actively want to encourage and support gyroplane activity in the north of the State, here in the Tamar Valley.When they heard how many we had through the gates Saturday alone they wanted to know if we could double that number next time round.I believe we got into one of the three state newspapers everyday bar one from Monday through to Easter Sunday and good lenghty TV coverage through Southern Cross and 9. West Tamar Council want a follow up blurb explaining more about gyroplanes and their operations, to put into the "Beaconsfield Beacon" (Council bi-monthly magazine), which goes out to 125,000 folk in the Tamar Valley.The people who operate The Lodge were also surprised at the numbers attracted to the event and immeadiately stated their interest in hosting the event again. Allan Wardill advised they would need to make application to the ASRA Board should they remain interested.Big thanks to all the official/judges/ASRA members and non-members who had anything to do with the 2009 Nationals. Elise and I hope you all had a memorable time in Tassie and hope to see you all again soon at a flyin somewhere around OZ....Good Morning Greg Trust this email finds you well. On behalf of council, I would like to thank all involved with the gyro flyover. It was quite a sight to see so many in the sky, it certainly was a crowd pleaser.We hope that all involved in the weekend’s events at Clarence Point enjoyed their stay and being a part of the West Tamar 3 Peaks Festival. We would be most interested to hear about any future events to be held in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries or be in need of assistance. Kind Regards Kerry Ms Kerry McCormickCommunity Development OfficerWest Tamar CouncilPO Box 59Beaconsfield

Comment

My reply to Kerry............................................. ................................................G" Day Kerry, I am well and more importantly so is Allan Wardill. We took a quick drive to Cradle Mountain yesterday and it was sleeting. Came home via Mole Creek. It was a good day. Kerry we very much appreciate your comments on behalf of council. It is pleasing to hear such positive reports regarding the event.

Comment

What we need now is to have our PR man, Mitch, stationed over in WA next year a few days before the nats and have someone pull another stunt to get us all this free publicity again.Any voluntees for the stunt part?Graeme.

Comment

Pics of the Tassie Nats 2009.

Comment

more pics(Spelling correction)Lena. Nickola. ;D

Comment

more pics

Comment

Some pics

Comment

Last one for tonight.

Comment

OK this is the las one tonight.

Comment

Hi MitchOfficially, Congratulations & well done on staging a very successful 2009 ASRA Nationals. Even the weather was spot on.Would also like to thank your wonderful wife Elise, not forgetting Danielle and Jake, for putting up with my wild bunch ;D ;D ;D Here are some of the photo"s I took of the event.Regards SamL.............

Comment

Here are some more Pics

Comment

Working...
                              X