rod ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rod ends

hey guysjust looking at changing the rod ends on mah gyro, and, trying to find a aircraft shop thats sells , them in ozzie, does anyone know where to get them from?aviation stuff seems to be a trick to find if its not in kit formcheersadrian

no worries thanks david, ill have to go back to the hanger and get the measurements again,the measrements i got was a 6 ml eyelet , with a 10 ml shank, the length and oher measurements i didnt get, but either wayare they aviation approved?cheers adrian

Comment

I just bought the ones from CBC Bearings. Are these not suitable?Elwynne

Comment

Keep this in mind.

Comment

The easiest way is to just buy them off Rosco. He"ll give you the right stuff.

Comment

I keep checking this thread wondering where the rest of the post went to?There was no bad language or personal insults that are not heard everyday, couldn"t see why they would be censored?I thought there was something to learn from those posts as to what is and isn"t certified aviation.Graeme.

Comment

Have to agree with Graeme. If you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen!! Dont just delete it : :

Comment

Silly move for sure............some good info now lost. ..........or is it. Come on dave, put it back. :-*
                If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Some one who has all those facts at his finger tip would be good to have here. Not ##ss them off the first time they put some thing here.

Comment

I keep checking this thread wondering where the rest of the post went to?There was no bad language or personal insults that are not heard everyday, couldn"t see why they would be censored?I thought there was something to learn from those posts as to what is and isn"t certified aviation.Graeme.I was called to attention by however has the deleting key that my comments about the rods were destructive and offensive and it was a waste of time. I can only add , all the info posted here by myself in no way was destructive nor offensive, except to show that someone here has a very short sight when it comes to real technological data. For those that missed it, race car rods do not hold the specifications of an aviation rod. Aviation rods can be obtained from Aircraft Spruce Australia http://www.aircraftspruce.com.au/ and surprisingly the rods are cheaper that those car race rods. Rubbishing birdy survived this board, real and accurate information’s gets deleted, do I smell the stench of favoritism’s..?

Comment

Dave.........just put those posts you deleted...............back on. There was good info there. Your posts were questioned by another..........fair enough, and you get the sh**s..........and delete the lot.Put em back............pleeeeze
                      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

I was called to attention by however has the deleting key that my comments about the rods were destructive and offensive and it was a waste of time. I can only add , all the info posted here by myself in no way was destructive nor offensive, except to show that someone here has a very short sight when it comes to real technological data. For those that missed it, race car rods do not hold the specifications of an aviation rod. Aviation rods can be obtained from Aircraft Spruce Australia http://www.aircraftspruce.com.au/ and surprisingly the rods are cheaper that those car race rods. Rubbishing birdy survived this board, real and accurate information’s gets deleted, do I smell the stench of favoritism’s..?

Comment

I was called to attention by however has the deleting key that my comments about the rods were destructive and offensive and it was a waste of time. I can only add , all the info posted here by myself in no way was destructive nor offensive, except to show that someone here has a very short sight when it comes to real technological data. For those that missed it, race car rods do not hold the specifications of an aviation rod. Aviation rods can be obtained from Aircraft Spruce Australia http://www.aircraftspruce.com.au/ and surprisingly the rods are cheaper that those car race rods. Rubbishing birdy survived this board, real and accurate information’s gets deleted, do I smell the stench of favoritism’s..?

Comment

The following does not have much to do with actually where to rodends from. Aviation Grade products Made in China may be suitable and have the quality however that was not what was stated - You made out that "Made in Japan or Germany or England" meant "Made in China" and that is just not true. There was no "favoritisms" others pointed out other places to obtain rodends from, however all you did initially was make out that "Made in Germany" and similar meant "Made in China" which is just bunk.It was only after untrue comments were removed that you actually suggested - Aircraft Spruce - this was where you should have started, as the initial question was "where to get replacement rodends from"Another untruth you made out they did not sell Aircraft products without even bothering to actually read the site or checking, I actually read the site, then called and checked.The fact that various machines happen to have non aviation rodends is true and appears to be quite common in fact.Should they be using an aircraft grade product, may be applicable, the fact that they are often not, is also applicable.Someone must have a Gyro brains, twisting and turning doesn’t get us anywhere perhaps to clear the air so-to-speak, you should reinstate the original

Comment

If you blokes did some flying and stopped talking Bullshit you might learn something.If you like liveing buy the right stuff whats a life worth.I flew 4000hrs with rod ends bought of Rosco and never had any trouble.And thats in 2 seat & and single seat.ITs good to see nothing has changed the non or low hour pilots know everything and the real Gyro pilots know nothing.Just like the armchair pilots.

Comment

Working...
                              X