Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asra
    replied
    Sorry Guys, Upload folder keeps coming back full even for an 800k file. Still drawing but will post when I have found a reliable way to to share files. Thanks for all the feedback.Regards, Gordon

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    The file size attachment allowance has been increased to 2 megs for a single file but only one per post I hope that"s enough?

Leave a comment:

• gbw
    replied
    "-Bugga! I will need to load onto a file server to continue."Have a look at Dropbox.

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    Thanks for feedback Adressed some of the issues. Mains are now 150mm behind vertical centreline of head(Saml). Airframe now perpendicular to mast (tahnks Echo). All design will be open frame with option for canopy (Disco). Cheek plates are simplified and detailed. NB the cheekplate for the tail is large at this stage for engine mounts and wheel struts. The seats will be tank seats. Details or supplier will be handy. Thinking at this stage a 2.2 or 2.5 subaru for donkey and 70" or 72" props. Attached zip file with drawing, dxf & Pdf files. Just tried to attach files and they are too large -Bugga! I will need to load onto a file server to continue.I would opt for a 74 Inch wide Cord Patroney.Regards SamL.

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    Thanks for feedback Adressed some of the issues. Mains are now 150mm behind vertical centreline of head(Saml). Airframe now perpendicular to mast (tahnks Echo). All design will be open frame with option for canopy (Disco). Cheek plates are simplified and detailed. NB the cheekplate for the tail is large at this stage for engine mounts and wheel struts. The seats will be tank seats. Details or supplier will be handy. Thinking at this stage a 2.2 or 2.5 subaru for donkey and 70" or 72" props. Attached zip file with drawing, dxf & Pdf files. Just tried to attach files and they are too large -Bugga! I will need to load onto a file server to continue.

Leave a comment:

• Echo
    replied
    Gordon,

Leave a comment:

• Disco
    replied
    The pod makes it hard to build too.

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    and cheek plates (pdf)Wow, my first post here on the Australian site.Gordon, I like the design. Very tempting to build, but I will have to wait until my first one is done. (VW powered Bensen type under construction)One suggestion on the cheek plates.......put a radius on the inside corners. Sharp points on inside corners will lead to cracks which can be dangerous.Jody

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    2 seater Gyro based on a high profile RAF ... sortov PDF FileHi GordonYour mains are below the head. You will need to move them rearwards to stop machine rotating too early.SamL............

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    and cheek plates (pdf)

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    2 seater Gyro based on a high profile RAF ... sortov PDF File

Leave a comment:

• Disco
    replied
    Most people will not be able to open your file.Could you do anothe zip with a big jpg or something...

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    Thanks Guys, Have saved a zip file containing Autocad 2000 DXF file. Should be able to read this in a number of programs. I have drawn this in full scale in millimeters. The geometry is the main thing. I make no claims for expertise. The cheek plates and holes and frame are as close to real dimensions as i can get. I have put the centre line thrust at 3 degrees at the prop. The man is around 180cm in height. Have come up with a number of configs including tandem etc. Keeping it simple at this stage until the basics are resolved. The mast angle has heaps of room to move at the base so the centre of gravity can be changed when hung to suit. Appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Leave a comment:

• Disco
    replied
    I recon it"s a good idea too.Should be something that everyone could learn with.

Leave a comment:

• asra
    replied
    I reckon its a great idea. Just find a good gyro that flies well and draw it up. Wish I had the time to draw mine up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X