Amax suspension rubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amax suspension rubbers

Does anyone have a Ford part number for the rubbers on the suspension staunchion of the later Amax gyros. I am currently rebuilding one and having all sorts of problems sourcing them. I spoke with Max Peters and Ross Symes today who both confirmed that they are Ford suspension rubbers but when I took the old rubber to Ford here (Osborne Park W.A) the kid serving me couldn"t help. Mine has 4 stacked on each leg with aluminium washers between each rubber.

Hey Chook,Went to the local auto suspension joint and got them. We just ratted through the shock absorber rubbers until we found ones of the right size and thickness. I think it cost about 10 bucks for half a beer box full.CheersFred

Comment

Fred, I"ve been to 2 Toyota dealers (one who had a retired sympathetic helo pilot in the parts store), 1 Ford dealer, 2 pedders stores, 2 Repco stores and W.A Suspensions. Generally available are similar profiles in the red "nolathane" product but the density is not correct. Please tell me that you still have the receipt with some identifying number on it that I can hit these clowns with.

Comment

Save the trouble and get Rosco to send you whatever you need, will cost a bit more but it sure saves time and

Comment

Comment

Darrell, sorry about the delay - they are 2 inches in diameter, 1/2" thick with a 1/2" hole and made of black rubber which is fairly soft.I"m told that the originals have a "T" section around the centre hole which is ground off.

Comment

Comment

Fred, I"ve been to 2 Toyota dealers (one who had a retired sympathetic helo pilot in the parts store), 1 Ford dealer, 2 pedders stores, 2 Repco stores and W.A Suspensions. Generally available are similar profiles in the red "nolathane" product but the density is not correct. Please tell me that you still have the receipt with some identifying number on it that I can hit these clowns with.

Comment

Ahh, you guys are suckers for punishment

Comment

Working...
                  X