No announcement yet.

Hanger Space Sydney.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of attitude are talking about, just because i can afford a high price machine, so that makes me have an

Comment

yeah i can go to some strips and not others .MY OPEN FRAMED MACHINE can be frowned upon even at some bush strips, it can be various reasons my shape or noise.BUT if thats their rules then that is their rules.

Comment

Lloyd, when you eventually get that thing in your garage going, you can come out to Braidwood and test it. I dont have to paint my bum pink, cause it never gets to see the sun! ;DMark.

Comment

Thank you Mark for the kind offer to use your runway. I am equally grateful that I don"t have to see your bum.PS: After many, many years it looks like my gyro will be complete in the next 3-4 months... (but I have said that before....)

Comment

well what a reaction !!!!

Comment

Everyone wants to be welcome at airports, and open frame gyros can have radios.As I understand from your very first post, the restriction to enclosed only aircraft is YOUR idea, not the people who run the airfield. Nothing you have written since has justified that restriction.By your standards, only good looking pilots should be allowed to join your club. The ugly ones aren"t wanted.

Comment

I don"t know anyone else but from my point of view a Gyro is Gyro as long as it"s properly airworthy, the radio thing may make sense for the specific strip.I am just about to build an air strip on my place apart from some no fly zones due to a couple of horse studs and similar, I will not be picky about what sort a machine flies into or out of my place as long as the proper rules are adhered to including the no fly zones break the rules and then that person will suddenly not be welcome again. That"s my basic point of view, I want to encourage flying not stunt it.

Comment

I had the impression that Gyro pilots were, of necessity, cool-headed methodical operators, not knee-jerk panic merchants. Gerry has much to offer. He wants to create a location less than an hour away from Sydney CBD where qualified gyro pilots can fly often enough to do so safely. In order to do that he"s had to make concessons. Locals soon tire when a club presents them with the mosquito-buzz of gyro training circuits. This drove the Hunter Valley Gyro Cub out of Denman to a location more than 3 hours drive from Sydney. I"ve been flying for a year but have only logged 16 hrs. It"s not a matter of flight-time cost - I"ve spent more than 100hrs driving to and from the club. Gerry has no intention to be elite. Somersby is not suitable for novices. There are few if any places to land urgently if things go wrong. I have no doubt that competent pilots would be welcomed at the new strip regardless of what they are flying. I believe we"d all be better off if we engage in discussion before condeming someone who"s here to advance the sport.

Comment

Thank you Mark for the kind offer to use your runway. Gerry can paint his **** pink and run around naked for all I care.Magnerl, your quote above is one of the funniest things I have seen or heard for some time, I realize you didnt say it to be funny but all I can say is thanks ! Havent seen anything so humorous since Birdy and Russ traded blows way back ! and thats saying something.

Comment

Mr KebI guess the "knee-jerk panic merchant" you describe was meant for me.

Comment

Chopper... thanks, but I"m nowhere near the dry country wit of those two...Perhaps we could spark them off with something?

Comment

Chopper... thanks, but I"m nowhere near the dry country wit of those two...Perhaps we could spark them off with something? Not sure where Birdy has evaporated too as he has been quiet for a few days, might be mustering as its that time of the year and Russ, well, he doesnt, except on odd occasions grace us with his presence any more ! :"(

Comment

Gerry"s proposal to provide a place for experienced gyro pilots to fly near Sydney has drawn heated responses from rednecks and cronies in this forum. I"m an ex-GA pilot returning to the sport. Over the past year I"ve spent more than 100hrs driving to and from the Hunter Valley Gyro club to log just 16hrs of flight time. Although I"m in a position to purchase my own Gyro it"s unlikely unless I can find a place closer to my home where I can fly it. Somersby offers a location close enough to advance the sport affordably, but it"s not a nice place for novices - there are few places to land if things go wrong. Gerry has had to make concessions regarding noise abatement to get the project off the ground. Comments on this forum suggesting that bureaucrats should block the venture are seriously not helpful to our sport.

Comment

For someone who is supposed to be out of necessity a cool-headed methodical operator that was quite an emotional response!As this latest blurt is obviously directed at me, I should probably respond.1. Who do you consider to be a redneck, who is a crony? I don"t see anyone else on this thread calling people names... According to this knee-jerk panic merchant

Comment

WTF has a cabin got to do with / airworthyness, airmanship, noise, speed, buzzing gyro circuits, or any other crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X