Hanger Space Sydney.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanger Space Sydney.

Hanger space available in the Sydney basin areaSituated at Somersby on the central coast aprox 40 km north of Hornsby.A note to all in the Sydney basin area.I would like to invite you to start a new Gyro club, with hanger space.situated at Somersby.This is reserved for serious pilots who want to base themselves in the Sydney basin for fly aways, we do not encourage spins around the fileld.GYRO REQUIREMENTSEnclosed pods or cabins Radio and radio licenceASRA registeredPilots ASRA registerd membersInterested parties to call Gerry 0415187159 or E mail : gerryjans@yahoo.com.au

So would this maen no training at this feild?

Comment

Props for trying to put a new club together but why are you restricting membership to enclosed cabins only?

Comment

Gerry, is there mogas available nearby? I might fly up one day and pay a visit, I reckon it would be an awesome flight up the coastand I could watch Bones doing some training in the Xenon?Hoges

Comment

I was also interested in why it was for enclosed cabs only.

Comment

hmmm im also interested- in why only pods or cabins- i think that would put most people out......does this mean gyros with out pods cant fly in ??-sounds like an UP market for rich gyro captains -sounds like the old school gyro- is being left behind cheers adrian

Comment

hi all somersby is bussy erea with a lot of trafficflying around the field at low level well only upset the people around the field.we would like to go upmarket to show others that we got nice aircrafts

Comment

Hi AllI think it would be best if we leave Gerry and his new found friends to there own devices. it is this elitest type attitude that tore the heart and sole out of the old AUF as we know it, and I for one don"t want to see ASRA go down the same path.The reason the majority of us fly gyros is we love the sport and in general its affordable. A gyro that has a full enclosure or a pod is certainly not indicative of a pilots ability. I have been living in South Africa for the past 6 months, and the only gyro"s available here are the factory built machines ELA, Magni. MTO and alike. It is a rich mans sport in South Africa, yet the image of gyro"s is no better than it is in Oz. Gyro pilots in SA are still looked down upon and are generally touted as cowboys. Good airmanship and a positive attitude will bring more people to this sport, not the fact that you can afford the latest and greatest machine avaible. Fly what you can afford and fly it with passion and respect. Of course this is all only my humble opinion.CheersDarren

Comment

I can understand you wanting to present a positive attitude to other aviation enthusiasts. This is something we should all be doing by default. Shouldn"t have to be told.An enclosed pod is by no means a mark of an up-market or well-built gyro. I"ve seen some absolute crap with a full pod, and some excellent open-frame machines. If you intend to promote the sport, then promote it all. Lead by example. Not by the type of gyro you can afford.

Comment

I can see both sides to the argument and to be fair, you dont have to fly at Somersby or anywhere else you dont like the regulations or ideas that are held there. there is like it or not a class thing happening in gyros and we see that in the "turn key " gyros versus the open frame or semi enclosed gyros, Its not good or helpful. We have a slightly different pilot who buys a MT /ELA /Xeon etc, they pay big money, mostly over the $100 thousand mark and they I believe have a bit different attitude. I personally, am not interested in flying my gyro around in controlled or even GA airports but I can understand someone trying to do what they think best in getting gyros accepted in their particular patch and I can live with that so I reckon cut Gerry some slack here and see what happens !!

Comment

Gerry can paint his **** pink and run around naked for all I care. I Just hope ASRA will not ratify a club with these sort of restrictions and bias.

Comment

We have a slightly different pilot who buys a MT /ELA /Xeon etc, they pay big money, mostly over the $100 thousand mark and they I believe have a bit different attitude. What type of attitude are talking about, just because i can afford a high price machine, so that makes me have an

Comment

Gerry can paint his **** pink and run around naked for all I care. I Just hope ASRA will not ratify a club with these sort of restrictions and bias.Lloyd, in my opinion, is absolutely correct.Chopper, I believe is right in his observations and some of the ramifications flowing on from same.Fly Safe and have a great day.Mitch

Comment

What type of attitude are talking about, just because i can afford a high price machine, so that makes me have an

Comment

Gerry can paint his **** pink and run around naked for all I care. I Just hope ASRA will not ratify a club with these sort of restrictions and bias.Please be kind enough to let me know when Gerry paints his backside and photos will definitely be necessary !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X