No announcement yet.

My view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If clt is all the rage now and we"ll all have to modify our gyros in the future what will become of the poor pilots who have bought high thrustline machines from overseas like the mto"s ela"s magne"s xenon"s some of which are up to six inches htl! Are these suposedly unsafe twichy things now?

Comment

Yeh, not to mention the firmness of the grasp of the concept of CLT. :like the mto"s ela"s magne"s xenon"s some of which are up to six inches htl!Im only a SCG, but far as i can figure, the xenon is pretty dam close to CLT.

Comment

If clt is all the rage now and we"ll all have to modify our gyros in the future what will become of the poor pilots who have bought high thrustline machines from overseas like the mto"s ela"s magne"s xenon"s some of which are up to six inches htl! Are these suposedly unsafe twichy things now?The MTO"s /ELA/Magni which are known to be HTL machines have other factors built in which makes them STABLE ! These machines have a very good safety record which helps justify the word STABLE. No where has it ever been said that these gyros are unsafe /twitchy things, in fact just the opposite is true, they are like flying a Mack truck !!There has been much said in the last few Gyro News about whats happening. Grab some and read up.There is nothing proposed to make anyone modify any gyro at this point of time !!

Comment

IMHO it is not that CLT is all the go, it is that STABILITY is preferable for inexperienced pilots of most types of aircraft.Aussie Paul.

Comment

If clt is all the rage now and we"ll all have to modify our gyros in the future what will become of the poor pilots who have bought high thrustline machines from overseas like the mto"s ela"s magne"s xenon"s some of which are up to six inches htl! Are these suposedly unsafe twichy things now?CLT is not "all the rage now" we are only just starting to Finlay accept it, and the great thing is ASRA is leading the way. CLT was discoverd and proven by Cierva in the 1920"s, and its about bloody time we start to accept its advantages.Regards SamL..................
            Attached Files

Comment

I started Xenon training.Steady as a rock.No reaction to power changes in pitch, just some in yaw.Nothing of "twitchy" to be noticed.

Comment

Ditto Paul.The best 2 seater iv driven.Went for a lap [ well, if puttn round like ol granny is a lap] a coulpa days ago and it is rite up there with stability, efficiancy, rate, and style.Oh yeh, and its got doors.

Comment

Ditto Paul.The best 2 seater iv driven.Went for a lap [ well, if puttn round like ol granny is a lap] a coulpa days ago and it is rite up there with stability, efficiancy, rate, and style.Oh yeh, and its got doors.

Comment

2 words sum it up Graeme.Spoton. Mikyduc.Sweetaslittlerippa ............ .Bones didnt trust me to bring it back so he insisted in comen along for a putt round.

Comment

Birdy,great thanks for the report.You are always staying out of all those .... games here on the forumand have your straight and independent opinion on every topic.The more I appreciate your fair report. Xenon has been compared on other forums to other gyroplaneslike a "pick-up truck" to a sports car. I would agree with it.So certainly you will not go mustering with it, but rather fly for shopping with Liz to the next town.

Comment

Regular mustern ina Xenon wouldnt be a problem Paul. Excelent power to weight, high rate cyclic, efficiant and a breeze to kick back in.As i said, its only downer is the ground gear, but it wouldnt be hard to soften it abit.BUT, its still a cabed machine, so no serious low n slow, and you still cant see jacs. :

Comment

Regular mustern ina Xenon wouldnt be a problem Paul. Excelent power to weight, high rate cyclic, efficiant and a breeze to kick back in.That"s quite surprising.Everybody else claims it"s like a truck, but I also had the feelingit is quite agile.As i said, its only downer is the ground gear, but it wouldnt be hard to soften it abit.I talked about it with Raphael, the front wheel has no dampening at all, just the tire.In Poland most of the local airfields are grass, and also in a very poor condition.The solution they offer are, what they call "tundra tyres".They sold them to some mustering guys in Norway.No they do not muster Brangus, they muster reindeer.

Comment

Also the front and side view is exceptional.Granted Paul, for a side b side 2seater, its alot better n all others, but still too many blind spots for well covered country.And i can garantee nun of the cheeky ones will be standn in frunt of them foot windows.

Comment

"Horses for coursed", Birdy...

Comment

Your kinda of the pace a little. CLT configured gyros.......There"s no MAGIC about it. The most efficient and stable, thus safer configuration.Sounds like you want to keep building HTL gyros then.

Comment

Working...
                                X