ASRA vs RAAUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRA vs RAAUS

this is one thing that has been trying on my mind for a while now mainly coz i"ve done 25 od hrs training and told im ready for solo but cant do it. alot of ra aus schools have hire aircraft although you dont see this with gyros. Anyone got any ideas as to a way around this. i dont mean to be a whinger or a pot stirrer just thought it might be a way to increase the members enjoying this great form of aviation. Sub note i did have a plan for a machine when i started but all went to s#@t and now im a 25 hr student without means for solo. hmmmmm

Don"t say much for your instructor mate.After 25 hours and he does not trust you to fly his machine solo? He has obviously dropped the ball somewhere.Fixed wing instructors step out their machine and let the student fly solo and some planes are worth more than a gyro.Helo instructors get out and let you fly solo and their machines are not cheap.Makes me wounder about your instructor.Graeme.

Comment

thats the worst part keeps telling me i am ready for solo but insurance wont allow it i am open to suggestions. i do believe he is a good instructor and i do believe he is a great pilot i wont say otherwise he hasnt touched a control for the last 15 hrs now i havent flown for 6 months coz i cant see the value in flying with no further advancement in my training not saying it wont advance me as a pilot but i can convert to ra aus and hire an aircraft and fly the damn thing so now im a bit between a rock and a hard place coz i prefer the gyro"s. no disrespect instr. if your reading.

Comment

Comment

Graeme,

Comment

todd, there are some low cost machines around . an old guy just getting back into it again went and looked at one advertised for 14k.

Comment

Hi ToddGive me a call on 6550 6192 & we can have a natter; down the road at Taree and flying a MT03 as you trained in; you are in the wrong circle mate, been there and done that; also call Hunter Jones, he will understand your predicament and help; massive changes there for the good of gyro flying in general.Talk to you soonJoe Orr-Bouwman

Comment

In umpteen yrs of training, i"ve only once....maybe twice, NOT SOLOED a guy in my trainer. Every single time i send em solo in my machine, i know damn well it"s coming back. That last 2...3 hrs of training he is in absolute totall control.........calls the shots etc for general circuits etc.....i"m just going for the ride ..........mouth wide shut. Get"s a little untidy... maybe.......sometimes, ( which is good ) but he sorts it without me saying anything.I don"t prewarn
                If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

thanks for all the positive feedback but i feel this has been taken the wrong way i dont in anyway blame instructor with 80k tied up in a machine trying to make a quid not soloing a bloke in it i was more on the why isnt there clubs like ra aus have with hire aircraft. is it the different rules and not being allowed or is it that there isnt the call for it? and echo ive spent may a time drooling over your machine if i could afford it you would be beating me off the thing with a stick ;D ;D

Comment

All I can think here is insurance. Costs an absolute fortune, if you can get it. Don"t think it is anything to do with the Trainer or the Student. Be the same reason there are no clubs that "hire" out machines. You say yourself Todd that getting your own machine is a challenge financially so just goes to figure that a club would struggle to get machines and insure them to hire out. I think the end hourly dollar they would have to charge just to cover costs would have people outraged and calling them rip offs

Comment

Sorry................insurance is not it.
                      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

this is one thing that has been trying on my mind for a while now mainly coz i"ve done 25 od hrs training and told im ready for solo but cant do it. alot of ra aus schools have hire aircraft although you dont see this with gyros. Anyone got any ideas as to a way around this. i dont mean to be a whinger or a pot stirrer just thought it might be a way to increase the members enjoying this great form of aviation. Sub note i did have a plan for a machine when i started but all went to s#@t and now im a 25 hr student without means for solo. hmmmmm

Comment

Me..well I be wondering....would insurance companies insure you for this...I don"t know and I am sking the question!As a devil"s advocate point of view...most (maybe all) GA instructors are commercial pilots in certified aircraft...and so insurance is a business proposition.As we (gyros) don"t have commercial licences, are instructors actually (legally) allowed to make profit in charging for their service...and hence would any insurance company want a bar of it...?

Comment

Finally the spark came back and only just this weekend did I do my first solo and circuits (5 of them)....It"s been 4 years coming....but well worth it.

Comment

Thanks Paul....People like you are inspiration as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X