Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avalon Airshow .......Something Missing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avalon Airshow .......Something Missing ?

Went to Avalon on Sunday, managed to see fighter jets, warbirds, vintage planes, military helicopters, a kit helicopter, Aerochutes, Ultralights, Parachutes, Big old Jet airliners, Turbo props, Drones, missiles, a paraplegic hang-glider pilot being towed behind a truck( in a hang-glider), a B-52 (not the drink), Float planes, Roulettes, Aerobatics, Acrobatics, Wingwalkers (one was a Quicksilver ultralight, I couldn't believe it !!!) Models, Fireworks even a hovercraft ...and the list goes on.....ButWhat I didn't see was a Gyro.... Not One....I suppose everyone is saving themselves for Cooma... Must be.......Art...

The only gyro there last time was Paul Bruty and I imagined he would have been the only one asked again and when he had his licence suspended, that would have been the end of that !You never know how far you can go, till you get there !

Comment

Brian, the decision was made mid 2004 not to participate at Avalon this time.I do hope to be there in 2007 with my new project. Well that's the plan!!!!!Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Ah huh !! Do you know why no gyros were to be involved this time Paul ? Did you decide not to participate ?BrianYou never know how far you can go, till you get there !

Comment

Your right Arthur. We were the only part of the whole aviation community not represented. I was disappointed, but not all that surprised. We (the Gyro Community) seem to have an inferiority complex. I was hoping one of the long term Gyro pilots may have an answer.Daryl Patterson

Comment

Gyros are an inferior aviation alternative. What does it tell you when they have models there but not gyros? There were hovercraft there by the ay.

Comment

"Gyros are an inferior aviation alternative."That oppinion is only for the narrow binded, hollow headed ignorants that don't understand anything bout um.I think we ain't welcome at some shows coz the others are afraid they'll be upstaged by a machine thats much more flyable and generaly much cheaper.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.Ingratitude stinks.......be generous carefully.

Comment

In actual fact we were invited to Avalon 2005, and Doug McDonough who is a past President of ASRA, represented us at the meetings, but the requirements were so involved we decided we didn't have the man-power to go ahead with it this time. In previous years when our boys have had representation there, it hasn't been particularly beneficial to ASRA.LlewellaPS The gyro community knows how superior it is!A sceptic is a person who, when he sees the handwriting on the wall, claims it is a forgery.

Comment

Just ignore the fool Birdy. Is quite obvious he doesnt have a clue.

Comment

what you talking about willis?

Comment

Thanks Llewella for the explanation.You never know how far you can go, till you get there !

Comment

Hey Woz,My usual route is:CanberraYassCowraBathurstSofalaRylstoneI wouldnt take the sofala road if you are towing however, as it is a bit windey (but fun in a V8 with no trailer!).I have heard that the Goulburn / Crookwell / Bathurst road is now all bitumen, and may provide a shorter route, however I havent driven it yet. Dont know about the Oberon route.This link may be useful. Its a complete map you can download of all Australian roads in PDF (Adobe) format that you can zoom in on. It still shows both roads as having dirt tracks but.http://www.mynrma.com.au/travel/go/m...ralia_full.pdf

Comment

Ozy you can also go to www.whereis.com and click on map and directions, putting in your starting point and your destination. Often it is really helpful.LlewellaA sceptic is a person who, when he sees the handwriting on the wall, claims it is a forgery.

Comment

Thanks Llewella and Lloyd....Lloyd..The Goulburn / Crookwell / Bathurst road is the one I took and I can assure you it isn't all bitumen, its a goat track of the first order. Thats why I thought you may have gone via Oberon, maybe thats the one thats been sealed. We will be flying at Rylstone the weekend after ANZAC so if you should decide to come over, try the Oberon route and see how it is.We are planing a flyin at Lake George and it would help to know!"HE IS MORE MYSELF THAN I AM"

Comment

I own a property on the goulburn crookwell bathurst road and can tell you that it will all be bitumen in the near future. I heard in less than a year. It's the fastest route and will be faster when all bitumen. You would have seen the new bridge and the other roadworks. We have subdivided our place up into 6 smaller ones (2x40acres & 4x200 acres) all with access to an 800metre strip on one of the 200acres. We plan to sell once the road is finished. May interest some of you? KenP.S I've got a place on the oberon rd too. It's bitumen to our place but turns to dirt further down towards the Abercrombie. WE are subdividing it too and may squeeze an airstrip in there too. It's got an ag one about 400m long.

Comment

Working...
                              X