No announcement yet.

I do not understand the gyro community.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I don't understand the gyro community"......When I arrived home to beautifull Tassie, I went to visit an ole mate (55yrs), been a very heavy drinker, payed off medically unfit on a pension, used to be a traffic controller, before that, Royal Air Force Navigator. Has a very sharp mind, almost a photographic memory and a wicked sense of humour. As I understand it he's on a C/Wealth pension, had a nervous breakdown. Now he has diabetes, probably as a result of being a hugh drinker all his life. He is very excentric.[]As he has followed my interest and involvement in gyros, I told him what a blast Cooma Nats had been and how I had met some rather excentric characters.[] He and his woman laughed at me. I enquired as to their obvious amusement to which they replied almost simultaneously, "More excentric than you Mitch?""I'M NOT EXCENTRIC!!!" I exclaimed.[:0]Later, ole mate went on to explain that most of the interesting people he'd met in his life were/are somewhat excentric. I told him I'd take that as his attempt to soft shoe backwards.[B)] "No soft shoeing here Mitch, your Bloody excentric, known you six years now and there aint no doubt about it."[][][8D][)]My question then would be...How can one ever fully understand a community of gyro aviators/enthusiasts, as the rest of the aviation and general community see us as the lunatic fringe anyway?[8][xx(]I realise there is/are more serious issues being talked about here and appreciate Chuck jumpstarting some discussion. The forum is a lonely place, when there's no new posts to read.[] Fly Safe, have fun, you excentric bunch of lunatics.[][][][8D]Best regards,Mitch. www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

G,day.Yer good value Chuck and you can rely on me to pitch in occasionally.Ain't it a shame tho !But right now I'm going over to the the yank forum to see whats stirring over there.See yuh.Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

Mitch now i'm really confussed, I used to think that i was just on the edge of normal however over the last week or so i've discovered that i must be an ECCENTRIC LUNATICALLY ENTHUSIASTIC LESBIAN HOPELESSLY TRAPPED IN A MANS BODY any wonder i have issuses, and drink hopeless amounts of alcohol( and lets not get on to about being single) Mark

Comment

Gess i'd be the odd one out, I'm but a SCG.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.Ingratitude stinks.......be generous carefully.

Comment

The name of our home is "L'Eccentrique"Is it referring to John or to me? I think He and he thinks Me!I am sure all the gyronuts and their wives who have visited us would agree. Really, anyone who has visited would agree.What more can I say?LlewellaA sceptic is a person who, when he sees the handwriting on the wall, claims it is a forgery.

Comment

Well, well! I like that Llewella, suits you guys to a tee. Tell John I'll give him back the bungy chords at the next Nationals. Thanks for the short term loan. My mothers maiden name was L'Estrange but that dosen't help Mark out. Mate...ECCENTRIC LUNATICALLY ENTHUSIASTIC LESBIAN HOPELESSLY TRAPPED IN A MANS BODY, I thought that was a given but what's this single business? I'm shocked. Better talk soon, single's serious. Hey! Mark, now it's OK to jump on a cheap Virgin and maybe, Party or Party Hard in a SINGLES CLUB MED type joint. I reckon this will help resolve some of your issues. Good value that joke thread. Talk soon Mark.Mitch.www.thebutterflyllc.com

Comment

Working...
              X