No announcement yet.

Rotax 912 Breakdown !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those rotary machines are a waste of time & good money Birdy, they find very little water compared with the old rigs !! Some say the rotarys drill too quickly & miss the streams.

Comment

I disagree with both of you.Rotory rigs are only a waste of time if you miss the water.And wen you aim,n for a vertical 2" wide crack in granit that"s 100 or200" under sediment, the only thing you can blame for a miss is the bloke who scratched the x on the ground.I know the fault line is there, it"s just a gamble wether you drill here or 2" further south. And you don"t know till you poke the drill down there.Btw, he hit it yesterday, at 90". After the second miss at 120", I said " pull the gear out, move the machine 15" backwards n try again"After the first two attemps, he was thinkn I"v got rocks in me head the hava Nathan go so close.After he hit the water, he realised I actually CAN see where it is. You just need a little confidence in your ability, and spend the coin.If you don"t spend the coin, you won"t know Wots down there, and you"ll never know if you know.The only thing that happens if he hammers too fast is you get a crooked hole.If there"s water init, you"ll know.You may not airlift a drop out of it, but if the dust stops, it"s wet.And you won"t know how wet till you PUMP it out.If you want the water and your Payn

Comment

Difernt country down here for drilling, the streams are fairly wide but mostly salty ...saltier than the sea actually. Anyway, pleased to hear your driller found what you could see, might be costly but its cheap when you find plenty of good water !!!

Comment

Aye even the best of us can miss by a couple of inches at times when relyin on others. Good to hear ya got the white gold Birdy. Cheers Des garvin

Comment

Chopper,

Comment

I had to change both of mine at 1200 hrs to fix a starting problem I was told by Wal at floods

Comment

Chopper,

Comment

I had to change both of mine at 1200 hrs to fix a starting problem I was told by Wal at floods

Comment

25 hours since the change , if you ring floods ask to talk ta there mechanic Wal is his name

Comment

Got on the phone the phone to Floods this morning " Garry] & asked a few questions. Boxes didnt fail because of wiring issues,,,,,,are you positive about that .....yes...okay, so fit & all will be well...yes. did you get wiring diaragm for soft start ? ...no...... well, see violet wire, used supplied plug etc, run wire to solenoid & you will have soft start, okay. Did all that & a couple of other small issues & fired it up & it caught just as it should, immedaitely, no kick back or even any semblence of it

Comment

Taken one 912 to 2200 hours, 1 to 1800, a 914 to 1200 and have been floggn

Comment

Don"t stress about the cause , I was told it is an internal problem with the modules themselves and now they have been upgraded with better caps (inside the modules) to fix the problem . I am just around the corner from floods, when your in the workshop asking for answers it helps

Comment

Taken one 912 to 2200 hours, 1 to 1800, a 914 to 1200 and have been floggn

Comment

Hello Chopper, good to hear your up and flying again. I have just tracked down old mate after the Easter madness. He didn"t have a record of the serial numbers for the black boxes but he did say that his engine had 320hrs on the clock when the failed and was manufactured in 2007. Seems a bit strange to me that two boxes can go at the same time. What aren"t we being told?

Comment

Don"t stress about the cause , I was told it is an internal problem with the modules themselves and now they have been upgraded with better caps (inside the modules) to fix the problem . I am just around the corner from floods, when your in the workshop asking for answers it helps

Comment

Working...
                                X