Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mad max
    replied
    Following rivers at 'relative low level' is a lot of fun Mike and good flying skill practice however I avoid it here because if my donk suddenly quits one may have to wrestle with a giant (protected) lizard.

Leave a comment:

• tonydenton
    replied
    you lost me after you said EO. but I will be eager to see who said what.
    and then I would have a question of my own about flying. only thinking about this the other day.
    thanks mike.

Leave a comment:

• blakemorem
    started a topic Fly'n around

Fly'n around

Hey gyronaughts Ive been flying around lately and trying to get more sharp with my skills. And no I'm not captain risky just learning more about maneuvering and not over imputing or over compensating or just learning the parameters. Here's an example. I was flying coastal as usual and the beach was all clear so i practiced emergency EO and lined up at about 100 ft all good and followed a inland river behind the shore line at about 300ft and followed the bends of the river. Not say after a hard right i would straighten up then hard left, straighten up and so on. Only thing was i felt lift with the slight feeling of neg G so my natural input was climb with slight power on. I was discussing this with a CFI and he said yeah i can see whats happening you need to follow the bends like a flow on approach when i straight n level i've added to rotor energy from the turn and gives more lift then you are back sticking and washing off air speed then going for more power ald loose the flow on effect. so to follow the bends in the river i need to put more into the turns. So i dont think i will try cause i recon that will require some
Working...
X