Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the fires burning🚒!!

Comment

a few years ago there was a few that flew to raglan . it was written up in a mag like pacific flyer . they interviewed allan wardill and I think bones did some buzzing. I,m sure that all happened. I've never been but want to.

Comment

G'Day Squeak, I'm sure there are lots of good gyro pilots not that far from you but they are a bit shy to show up to a fly-in due to modern rules and regulations. I spent 25 yrs in tennant Creek and I would ask the Annual show organiser if they wanted a gyro in the show and I got a verbal 'Yes' and I just flew in. Usually got interviewed on ABC radio. No insurance or anything. (The chief minister loved it!) Sadly times have changed. All due to what I personally call the 'American liability disease'. Common sense is only in the outback these days.

Comment

Tis the problem with common sense no longer being common max, raglan is a must do for any able bodied enthusiasts tony. How would i go about discovering some gyro nauts around me max? As you would be aware most ga pilots are clouds above those of us who love flying recreational Aircraft, no sense in asking any contacts in that world.

Comment

Rob Mauloni teaches and does TIF's at Innisfail if that's not too far.

Comment

Thanks rick, have talked to rob a while back and will aim to visit him soon if nothing else comes up. Innisfail is about 5 hrs drive from where i am.

Comment

Its truly great to see life on the forum at last. I log in & have a quick look to see if anything has happened but its usually fairly quiet unfortunately. Goes to show, you loose members because things arent working well and they don't come back, at least they havent rushed back to this forum.
                Far cry from the early 2000 when it was toe to toe for a while .
                Have heard of the Raglan show but thats all. Wonder if you could organize some of the boys who go flying all over the country head up there Rick ? Sounds like it would be worthwhile.

Comment

www.oldstationflyingclub.com.au is the web address for anybody interested in looking it up

Comment

I have let the boys from Caboolture know about it Brian. Hopefully they can represent our sport at the fly in.
                    Im off overseas in early June and wouldn't be able to make it myself.

Comment

what have you been up to then brian ???

Comment

I wonder if we have convinced any gyronauts to attend the Raglan fly in yet? Is there any interest from members in the vicinity? Here's to hoping🍻

Comment

Stewart Black used to trailer a gyro all the way from Kunannara to Raglan years ago. He wanted to pick me up at T.C .but I thought he might lead me astray. I'd love to fly from here if I had a 912 engine. Running a used car engine with single ignition one has to be a bit cautious. Flying over no mans land one starts thinking about the weak points such as one fuse powering the electronics. Single plugs, ect. Dam shame those engines are so over priced when you can buy a new car for the same price. Still when you 'make it' in a home made aircraft to your destination you really get a buz. Crack a couple of coldies and look at your creation and think "Holly Sh#t" Did I make that thing!

Comment

I would like to go but can only get there on the sunday and the webb page really sets saturday to be the main day. so I'm not this year.

Comment

Hi Tony, been keeping occupied here on the station having lots of fun keeping water & grass up to the masses . Lots of kangaroos to keep fed & watered and it got very dry over summer plus extremely hot....actually way too hot for me .
                              And I get to occasionally wheel that Peter Green machine out & blast off into the wild blue yonder . Have I told you just how good those 912's are ? Sure I havent

havent yet worked out why I didnt have one 20 years ago. Oh well. The gyro itself is so stable in crappy weather & where I was getting kicked around the sky in my old Rosco, this gyro blasts through whirlys & turbulence like a C 182 ! Its a delight to pull a really hard turn with both feet on the floor & it tracks around like its on rails !.

Intending to get around a bit next year so sure hope to catch up on a few of you guys.

Comment

G'day Brian, just wondering what part of the sunny country you are in. Wanting to find out a bit more from "cockies" about these gyros, and their opinions in regards to mustering etc compared to heli. I manage a 96k acre place and spend way to much on heli hire mustering, but with heavily timbered country i do wonder about the capability of a gyro to get em moving.
                                Know not much about gyros or types suited to our kind of use but I'm sure i can find out a few opinions here!

Comment

• RossM
                                  RossM commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Bones is from Charters Towers. He sold his Gyro a year or two ago, used to do some flying around above cattle.
                              Working...
                              X