No announcement yet.

Forum flame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are currently three different groups from NSW planning trips to the outback, if we all had been aware I'm sure one of those groups could have incorporated Raglan into their trip.
    Hopefully we can get a decent representation there next year.

That would have been a fair effort for Stewie to travel all that way for a couple of days Max. Ive called in at Tennant Creek a few times on my trips to the Kimberley and have really enjoyed flying in the area, the town itself though seems to have some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeak View Post
      G'day Brian, just wondering what part of the sunny country you are in. Wanting to find out a bit more from "cockies" about these gyros, and their opinions in regards to mustering etc compared to heli. I manage a 96k acre place and spend way to much on heli hire mustering, but with heavily timbered country i do wonder about the capability of a gyro to get em moving.
      Know not much about gyros or types suited to our kind of use but I'm sure i can find out a few opinions here!
      Your asking one of the best in the business Squeak👌

Comment

Thanks for the tip RickE, what about some info on yourself, only way to get to know a few of you blokes.😉

Comment

Originally posted by RickE View Post
          There are currently three different groups from NSW planning trips to the outback, if we all had been aware I'm sure one of those groups could have incorporated Raglan into their trip.
          Hopefully we can get a decent representation there next year.

That would have been a fair effort for Stewie to travel all that way for a couple of days Max. Ive called in at Tennant Creek a few times on my trips to the Kimberley and have really enjoyed flying in the area, the town itself though seems to have some problems.

Next year Raglan air show is not being held. The family have a big reunion or such due at the same time.
          CDFG (Callide Dawson Flying Group) based at Thangool (little town that has the airfield and race track 10km from Biloela) are going to hold their bi-annual flying event that week-end.
          Regards....Ross
          Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Yes Rick, I found Tennant Creek very gyro friendly. I had free access to the airport for many years. The police used me many times to hunt escapees, missing persons, etc. Lots of people from overseas were passing through and when they saw the gyro they wouldn't leave untill they had a ride. I believe the place is now over-run with wild un-disciplined youth.

Comment

Thanks for the tip RickE, what about some info on yourself, only way to get to know a few of you blokes.😉
              I live in Sydney Squeak, only started flying gyros 5 years ago but have flown around 1200 hours since then with lots of trips around the country. I fly a factory built machine so don't know a real lot about building them but have a s#%t load of fun flying them.

Comment

Thanks RickE, you sure been doing a bit of flying for fun. What got you started in gyros? If your coming to north qld let me know. We have a good strip and some pretty scenery around us.

Comment

I just saw on Facebook that there will be st least one Magni at The Old Station Fly in.

Comment

G'day Rick E and all gyronauts, we had a m22 voyager and a ela at raglan today. What a day and what a show it is yet again. Awesome to finally see some gyro attendance, it was interesting to see the movement of people following the gyro arrivals. Colin and tim couldn't set up there tents for yonks because of the people mobbing them. Matt hall and the crews were fantastic. Will try to upload some pics if i can, may need some advice to achieve this 😉. Doesn't look like it'll work. Approx 500 aircraft and 12000 people today,( apparently ) will be finding out the numbers to post cause it sure is a big event.

Comment

Whàt does it mean when it says extion does not match content?😠 cannot upload file?

Comment

Originally posted by mad max View Post
                        Stewart Black used to trailer a gyro all the way from Kunannara to Raglan years ago. He wanted to pick me up at T.C .but I thought he might lead me astray. I'd love to fly from here if I had a 912 engine. Running a used car engine with single ignition one has to be a bit cautious. Flying over no mans land one starts thinking about the weak points such as one fuse powering the electronics. Single plugs, ect. Dam shame those engines are so over priced when you can buy a new car for the same price. Still when you 'make it' in a home made aircraft to your destination you really get a buz. Crack a couple of coldies and look at your creation and think "Holly Sh#t" Did I make that thing!
                        then you got to fly bloody thing all the way home, every time I flew to Birdy little hole I used to get out and abuse him for living so far away, it was only 650 nm but it was a tough day in the office.
                        Last edited by bones; 29-05-2017, 07:00 PM.

Comment

G'day Brian, just wondering what part of the sunny country you are in. Wanting to find out a bit more from "cockies" about these gyros, and their opinions in regards to mustering etc compared to heli. I manage a 96k acre place and spend way to much on heli hire mustering, but with heavily timbered country i do wonder about the capability of a gyro to get em moving.
                          Know not much about gyros or types suited to our kind of use but I'm sure i can find out a few opinions here!
                          well the golden rule is if they don't want to move, nothing will get them to move, until you come crashing through the tree top near them, then they trot off(yes true story) depends on the beast, some are just being pricks, others just need to be shot. The next step with the ability to hover is a ch7 which I been in for a couple of years, but still if they no want to move you might as well wave ya d$ck at them.

Comment

[QUOTE=bones;n36020]
                            then you got to fly bloody thing all the way home, every time I flew to Birdy little hole I used to get out and abuse him for living so far away, it was only 850 nm but it was a tough day in the office.

850nm in one day????? Your right Bones, that would be a tough day in the office.

Comment

• RossM
                              RossM commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It is all down hill from Charters to the Alice !

hello Sqeak , maybe if you can't up load them you could send photos into the asra editor for a story in the magazine. SHRIS doesn't need anything this issue as it is closed but next could be a winner for everything.

Comment

that should be ":CHRIS"

Comment

Working...
                              X