No announcement yet.

Oil Suplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul flying in these wonderful machines is hard to resist.
    You may wish to discuss with Chum about his vertical stabiliser design. Am I correct in assuming that if he loses one of his rudder cable connections that the incoming airflow will force the rudder hard over to the side which was last in the airflow causing the aircraft to spiral or are there enough "tail feathers" forward of the pivot point still available to keep it straight and not flutter?

Regards...........Chook.

Comment

I like the thrust line however looks can be deceiving

Comment

Originally posted by chook View Post
        Paul flying in these wonderful machines is hard to resist.
        You may wish to discuss with Chum about his vertical stabiliser design. Am I correct in assuming that if he loses one of his rudder cable connections that the incoming airflow will force the rudder hard over to the side which was last in the airflow causing the aircraft to spiral or are there enough "tail feathers" forward of the pivot point still available to keep it straight and not flutter?

Regards...........Chook.
        Chook, it is an enlarged Bensen fin and rudder design to allow for the cabin and it is quite yaw stable.

Aussie Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          I like the thrust line however looks can be deceiving
          Brian, yes looks can be deceiving without knowledge. it was the first single seat we built after I proved the value of pitch stability. Gearbox mounted opposite to the way Rosco AND most people did back then. The thrust line to VCG turned out to be 60mm high. The 26' Patroney blades and heavy starter motor pre rotator helped to keep it to 60mm.The next one had a further 63mm keel offset. We replaced the flat plate h/s with a section of rotor blade off cut mounted upside down and that made it quite acceptable in pitch stability.

Aussie Paul.

Comment

Thanks Brian and Paul. I am hoping that there are new guys out there that reading this that are asking what are these guys on about?
            Apologies Brian for stealing your oil thread.

Regards................ Chook.

Comment

Thanks Paul, Yeah, I remembered the discussions way back & thought it a good time to bring up thrust lines etc.

Chook, I'm not at all worried about the oil thread changing course, If its going to expand knowledge then its all good !

My HTL Rosco with just heavy Patroneys & electric pre rotor meant it stayed in the limit although I cant remember excatly how high it was now.

Comment

Working...
              X