Terrain between Rylstone and Bathurst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrain between Rylstone and Bathurst

Has anyone ever flown over this area. Between these places is Sofala and Hill End. Is it all tiger country? Is it better to track towards Lithgow and follow the railway. Just planning next weekends cross country.My plan is to Denman-Dubbo-Peak Hill-Parkes-Orange-Bathurst-Rylstone-Denman.Any help appreciatedRoss B

Crikey Ross.That's a long sojourn. Do you have an EPIRB? If not you can loan mine.Cheers,Nick.

Comment

NickI have the latest 406 Mhz fast find with built in GPS.But forget all that stuff it comes in a sexy yellow bag that matches my flight suit.Ross B

Comment

Aw,Geez, and I've only got the most ancient 141mHz slow find one in a black pouch that doesn't match your snow suit... sorry I'm not up to scratch..Nick.

Comment

For anyone interestedRylstone to Sofala: No tiger county, 2000 fl AGL gives plenty of landing optionsSofala to Bathurst: Mostly open farmland, No tiger county, 1000 ft AGL cruise.Ross B

Comment

Ross, congratulations for your major cross country achievement last Saturday. That is one hellova trip and I am envious. Your Rosco Subaru machine with the pod gave you a reliable platform to achieve your trip. Not that there was any doubt that a Rosco machine would ever let you down!!! I bet your backside looked like a mould for a 60 liter seat tank when you finished!!!! Not bad, it is only 13 months since you went solo.A story for Pacific Flyer would help the gyroplane image.I would like to meet the instructor who prepared you for the flying you are conducting these days!!!!!!!!!!!Well done mate. Take care, and work on that instructor rating. The industry needs you.Aussie Paul. []Remember these????Image Insert: 66.06 KBImage Insert: 22.22

Comment

Well done Ross[]I looked at the track you travelled on the WAC chart and you really covered some ground that day [^]. Tick one for the Gyro fraternity.Hoges

Comment

Wow what a trip, so much fun in one dayVital StatsDeparted : Denman 0610 (8 knot head wind, no activity at Rylstone )Rylstone to Bathurst ( via Sofala, beautiful country)Bathurst to Orange ( light rain, and RPTdeparting behind schedule at orange, RPT spotted my flashing light at 3 miles out and called me on the radio)Refueled at OrangeOrange to Parkes: strong headwind but clear Parkes to Peak Hill: Well Peak Hill was the plan but cloud from the west caused me to divert via Yeoval. Forced landing near Yoeval due to lightening a few miles ahead.Yoeval to DubboDubbo to Gulgong: All the cloud activity is behind me so can cruise at 5000 feet with a good tail wind. No time to stop at Gulgong.Gulgong to Denman: Clear skies and cruise at 5000Arrived Denman: 1801Slept like a logPaulThat bloke in that first photo looks a bit stressedRoss B

Comment

Good one Ross, no mean feat in an open machine in what sounds like "not too good weather conditions" - I think I'll keep my cross countries down a little on what you've done here. For the record what was your total air time and total distance covered for the day?Safe Flying ... ding Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment

Comment

Ross is you'r tank specially modifyed to leave room for what are obviously large karhoonasthats a top days flying Butch S.

Comment

Planned Track: 330 nmActual Distance Covered: 403 nm ( due to weather, tiger country.....etc)Flying time 8.75 hoursThis was flown in a single seat Rosco Symes Subi powered machine.(cruise 55-60 knots 3500 rpm)Ross B

Comment

Working...
                      X