Buy Aussie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Aussie

I read with amusement the comments on Echo's machine. This machine would have exceptional build quality and yet some still draw comparisons to overseas manufactured machines which would probably fall short. I have talked to several new people who intend to buy sparrowhawks and ufo's. This I cannot understand. We live in the center of the universe for gyro's but some still think the experts come from the U.S. These machines are more like fixed wings and are not what gyro's are about for me. Simple open framed machines are still the best, and these people are completely leap frogging this experience. We have the most flying in this country, and the best manufactured machines. Rosco , Dull , Patrony, JHS, Goodwin, Tim,Paul, The list goes 0N. My one eyed view. Ken

Also why do a lot Ausie gyro pilots go to USA forums? As I have to leap frog from one to the other to find you guys whos ideas I can appreciate & whos humor I can understand Butch

Comment

Also interested to know how the U.S, machines can fly here. We still have our weight restrictions don't we? I'm not trying to attack individuals but just pointing out that they are missing out on a great deal of fun. It's a shame to miss the whole point of what they are about: flying at it's most basic. They simply rule out aussie machines as home made and that O.S machines are factory built and must be better. Yes who can argue against that . Air Command, RAF, etc. 430kg- is that with 2 pilots and a trailer. Ken

Comment

Hi Guys, first post I am wondering how to get informaion on all the aussie stuff listed as I can't find it in links etc. Maybe I'm slow - like my dialup Mark

Comment

Join ASRA and most of the info is in the Mag. Or just keep asking on here. Rosco and Tim are in Broken Hill, Jeff HS in Sydney. Ken

Comment

Butch,I like to go to other Gyro forums around the world so that I cankeep in touch with other like minded people. I believe that Gyrofolk are an elite bunch and a small community seperated by distance but should remain in contact with each other.The other question about which Gyro should be flown is a matterof choice. I couldn't afford to own two, ( heavy and light ) sofor me I would choose the heavier enclosed model that I wouldprefer to call a cruiser. I will be happy to buy an Australian madeproduct as long as it doesn't have a jap engine or parts in it.But thats another story and not relevent to this post.Stay in touch.Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

Hi Image Insert: 82.8

Comment

Yep. Like I said, it's a matter of choice.I had plenty of buzzin around, racing motorcycles. I still like to ride occasionally.These days I would be quite content to cruise around going from here to there in the shade and comfortable.Well, maybe also puttinga scare into a roo now and then !Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

When I first became interested I too wanted a fully enclosed machine. My instructor told me to buy the most simple machine and "learn to fly". I had the most fun in this machine and it taught me what the machines are about. I'm not saying don't buy an enclosed truck. I think everyone should have a simple single seater at some stage as you will learn more in this than anything else. People usually don't have an airbus to learn in.Paul, hurry up and finish your machines so that these people have a another better alternative.Olbod, I raced bikes for years and realised that gravity is always working against you. I didn't learn on a goldwing( why do people want to ride these) and I didn't learn on an R1. My 1st machine was a Honda Stepthrough, but I progressed to some pretty wild machines. I think I had just as much fun on the stepthrough.I sold my single seater and now regret it. It was great fun. It taught me about emergency landings, rotor control,the power curve,and would turn on a two bob piece. But the best thing was I could see everything. I could fly at 20knts or 60knts, my choice. Your loss if you miss out on this fun. P.S Do you fly gyros or is it something you are looking at taking up?Ken

Comment

Hullo Ken.My first bike was an army BSA 500cc,I was fourteen and it taught me alot. When was able to get my licence I traded it for a 500cc AJS,Which I rode for many years. At this time we were also interestedin 34 and 36 Fords before we got into MG's and Austin Healy's.My first racing bike was a Gold Star BSA, which at the timewas on 12to1 and was pretty quick. I never raced anything less thana 500 but I did own a 250 cc James road bike for a short time, it was a nice bike. I fly my Bro's Mooney M20F. I dont fly Gyro's yet butwhen I do I will train on whatever is available, be it open tandemor Hybrid and I am sure I will enjoy it. I dont believe there is anything wrong with single seat fun machines, they are most likelyexactly that,fun.I doubt whether I will ever own one tho,or own a Lear jet.In which case I dont feel that I am missing out as I enjoyeach day as it comes along, I reckon it's great to wake up not dead.As far as learning to fly on a truck as they are sometimes referered to,I think the quality of the training is the important thing and putting it into lots of practice with some degree of common sense.I suppose I may as well explain why I am not flying a Gyro yet.Some years ago my wife became physically ill and I have had to lookafter her ever since. She cant be left alone for any great lengthof time without me getting someone in. Now, if I owned a Gyro Iwoul need to trailer it to, probably Nebo. This would take maybehalf a day by the time I travelled there and back and assembledit and so forth, not counting the time that I was flying.When I think about it, Its more trouble than its worth.What I am seriously considering, is buying a large property,to run a few beasts and also put down an airstrip. Problem solved !I have been cosidering this for sometime now as a life style change,I hate living in a community surrounded by people and barking dogs,I was raised on a property and thats what I would like to return to.Cheers.Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

Go For it Robert.Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Thanks Paul, I reckon I just might.Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

Rob,If you get a gyro give me a call I will put you in touch with cane cockies near Sarina and Marian way who have grass strips (way out of controlled airspace; although one borders on the training area) that you could use rather then travelling all the way to Nebo - CHEAPER then buying a property.CheersFrankiejAlways remember you're unique, just like everyone else

Comment

I'll keep that in mind thanks, Frankie.There are many other reasons for my considering buying a propertytho. When I have worked in the bush over the years (and loved it)the stations always belonged to someone else.Now I would just like to own the space myself and not work, or limiting it to just doingwhat I felt I needed to be doing. Eh.My young Bro has the right idea, he is also looking for a propertyso that he can semi retire on.His idea is to have it scenic and by a river and have a nudist colonythere. I told him that it would be a good idea and I would do him a favour by looking after the place on long weekends and publicholidays !Robert DunnMackay. Qld.Growing old is good while it lasts.

Comment

Rob, I'll come and train you on those long weekends and public holidays!!!! We can conduct low level inner perimeter surveillance!!!!Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Working...
                              X