No announcement yet.

Wot's happened to Mitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete.The introduction of 2 more HS mounted above one another will realy do nothing more than the largest of the 3 would.The other HS's will be shadowed by the largest during any pitching motion.What is realy required is a large enougth HS to counter any de-stabilizing effect produced by the very large pod, and the correct amount of negotive loading to counter your machines thrust line.Remember, any increase in surface area infront of the mast de-stabilizes the machine, any behind helps stabilize it.If you wanted to use multipal HS's then I would suggest staggering them to increase it's total effective surface area.Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Pete.The introduction of 2 more HS mounted above one another will realy do nothing more than the largest of the 3 would.The other HS's will be shadowed by the largest during any pitching motion.What is realy required is a large enougth HS to counter any de-stabilizing effect produced by the very large pod, and the correct amount of negotive loading to counter your machines thrust line.Remember, any increase in surface area infront of the mast de-stabilizes the machine, any behind helps stabilize it.If you wanted to use multipal HS's then I would suggest staggering them to increase it's total effective surface area.Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

The existing HS is more than adequate Sam though it does not closely follow Dr. Bensen's formulae to a tee.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

The existing HS is more than adequate Sam though it does not closely follow Dr. Bensen's formulae to a tee.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pbradleyThe existing HS is more than adequate Sam though it does not closely follow Dr. Bensen's formulae to a tee.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.Pete, new one on me. What is this Dr. Bensens formulae?Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pbradleyThe existing HS is more than adequate Sam though it does not closely follow Dr. Bensen's formulae to a tee.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.Pete, new one on me. What is this Dr. Bensens formulae?Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Without getting out the book Paul, the rough calculation for the HS size is think of a large number and double it. If you followed the formulae you would need a pair of shin protectors and a cut lunch to get right round the back of the gyro. I will try to locate the book and get back to you on it.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Without getting out the book Paul, the rough calculation for the HS size is think of a large number and double it. If you followed the formulae you would need a pair of shin protectors and a cut lunch to get right round the back of the gyro. I will try to locate the book and get back to you on it.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Pete Forget the Bensen Formulea, and use the Photo cut out method (Photo taken from above)which is quicker, and allowes for an amount of overkill due to the machine being curved, and not 2D flat.Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Pete Forget the Bensen Formulea, and use the Photo cut out method (Photo taken from above)which is quicker, and allowes for an amount of overkill due to the machine being curved, and not 2D flat.Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Guys, there was/is no Bensen formulae, Bensen never used h/stabs![:0] You probably mean Cierva's 12% rule. Geez,[}] I have to keep and eye on you new comers!!![]Homework,[] what, and how is the Cierva rule worked out[?]Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Guys, there was/is no Bensen formulae, Bensen never used h/stabs![:0] You probably mean Cierva's 12% rule. Geez,[}] I have to keep and eye on you new comers!!![]Homework,[] what, and how is the Cierva rule worked out[?]Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

If it wasn't from Bensen Paul, I may have read it in Martin Hollmann's 'Modern Gyroplane Design'. I remember doing the calculations on one of mine and establishing the size of the HS would be gigantic.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

If it wasn't from Bensen Paul, I may have read it in Martin Hollmann's 'Modern Gyroplane Design'. I remember doing the calculations on one of mine and establishing the size of the HS would be gigantic.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Working...
                              X