Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested price for a novice

One other thing I meant to ask.

Anywhere from $5k to $15k for most single seaters.At the bottom end you get a simple open framed Rotax 503 or direct drive Subaru or VW powered machine.A great percentage of us (self included) started with a machine like this.Get some decent hours up in one and you may want to upgrade to a more powerful machine or a 2 seater.A lot of people never go past the simple single seat machines as they are generally regarded as the most FUN.Expect to pay $10k to $100k for 2 seaters. Its really a case of how big your wallet is.Expect to pay $2.5k - $4K for basic training.webbie

Comment

My advice is to get a few hours instruction, then, if you like it, look around for a single seater, second hand simple machine, get it checked by a good technical adviser and under instruction, learn to fly it and have a load of fun, don"t get hooked into the fancy gyros till you have at least 150 hours up, then, if you want to upgrade, you are getting close to being proficient enough not to bend something fancy!The big fancy stuff is fine, no problems but the most fun you can have is with a lightweight single seater !

Comment

Thanks Brian.

Comment

Skyhigh,This is very good advice from Brian. Take this pathway as it is guarenteed to save you money and limit frustration!Feel free to look me up when you get to Lameroo.Adrian

Comment

Thanks Adrian.

Comment

Thanks Brian.

Comment

I am hoping my ugly head on these posts might help with the introductions...if you see me walking around like a lost "bunny", tap me on the shoulder and say hello.

Comment

I am hoping my ugly head on these posts might help with the introductions...if you see me walking around like a lost "bunny", tap me on the shoulder and say hello.

Comment

Working...
                  X