New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mceagle View Post
    Tony, how do you put up your profile photo, and your auto signature with comment at the end of the post (if possible)?
    Hi Tim,
    See if I get this right
    to add a avatar,
    after you log on, in top right corner of the forum, click the down arrow next to your user name and select ' My Profile ', then hover the curser over the default avatar, at the bottom right hand corner of the avatar, ' Edit Avatar' should pop up.
    Go from there.

To add a signature,
    Again, at the top right hand corner where your user name is, under the drop down arrow, select 'User Settings '
    then on the main screen under the User Settings, select 'Account"
    then 3/4 way down the page select ' Edit Post Signature' which may be highlighted in green colour.

Remember: no matter where you go, there you are [quote; pig killer in MM3]

regards.....Ross
    Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Thanks for that Ross. All good down to "then 3/4 way down the page select ' Edit Post Signature' which may be highlighted in green colour." then I type my name in the box, hit save and all I come up with is an error message. After that I can't "cancel" the edit signature box and I have to backtrack to get rid of it. Like Russ used to say - "Grrrrr."

Comment

Dumb & dumber again. How do you reverse the month and day in the date, away from the US standard.

Comment

• RossM
          RossM commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Tim, in the 'Edit Signature, I just typed in the bottom part (blank box) and saved.

The smilies don't work and I tried attaching an image from the 'Toggle Advanced Editor' { capitol and underlined "A"} function and it would not work, or let you link a web address.
          A job for Dan to change the date layout to the correct way.
          Days are before month, then year.
          Also agree, post should have time and date of post, not 5 hours ago.
          Ross

struth tim it must be bad when some one is asking me computer questions . I did do mine back a tiny bit now but as some of my grand kids say I have memory loss now often. just need to hover the curser everywhere to find the little sucker of places to work on. ross will be able to give better directions than me ever.
        I had the web man if they could change the colour or put lines or boxes around things to make it easier for old blokes to find. glad it's happening actually . ha ha means it's not just me .

Comment

Dear Webby,
          I really do hate to be bitching all the time so feel free to ignore me if you will.
          Could the threads open up at the first unread thread like other forums, - it would save a lot of scrolling and re-reading to find out where you are.
          Also I've noticed a welcome colour change when you've read a thread, but then the colour change goes when you open the next thread. Can that "just read" colour change remain until there is a new posting on the thread?
          If these suggestions are "user settings" then I apologise in advance for wasting your time.
          Regards Tim

Comment

• RickE
            RickE commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Tim webby, one of the other forums has a new post button that shows all new posts since the last time you logged on.

• danpoole
            danpoole commented
            Editing a comment
            I have now made it so when a thread is marked as read the text will go dark grey, any unread threads will be the peachy brown colour.

What about the "New Topics" button, is that what you are talking about?

Comment

• RickE
            RickE commented
            Editing a comment
            That button is for new topics and doesn't direct you to new posts on old topics, if you know what I mean?

Comment

ok the new colours hi-lighting things is an improvement , thanks old web designer who ever you might be.

Comment

I am back having a look.

Aussie Paul.
              Last edited by aussie_paul; 17-10-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

"That button is for new topics and doesn't direct you to new posts on old topics, if you know what I mean?"
                It works for me. When ever I log on that is the button I click on and it shows all new posts on any topic since last visit.

Comment

Gday peoples, was asked to unhermit meself and get back on the forum, so the MF did wots MFs do n im back, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdy1 View Post
                    Gday peoples, was asked to unhermit meself and get back on the forum, so the MF did wots MFs do n im back, sorry.
                    Always good to see another bloke that does what he is told.

Comment

good to hear from you birdy, ok what is MF ???? I have started a list if whats been happening , I don't get on the yank forum. just the short version to save time when you have time. thanks. thanks too rick.

Comment

Quote " i'm just a simple cow grower who dose abit of flyn. "

So Birdy is not a SCG now!

Have you seen this fellow around in your travels Birdy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKshBvLXj_A
                        Last edited by RossM; 21-10-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

MF is the minister of finance Tony, the boss, or sum call them the wife.

Still a scg Ross, only more simplerer these days.

And yes, iv seen him about, he,s wot we call a tempory stralian.

Comment

Working...
                          X