2011 GT Gyroplanes KRUZA "Sneak Peak"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 GT Gyroplanes KRUZA "Sneak Peak"

Below is a SNEAK PEAK at some of the changes being made to the latest 2011 GT Gyroplanes "KRUZA"1)

more pics

Comment

Is that a Suzuki engine Sam?

Comment

Yep it is a Suzuki 4 cyl 100hp std. It is about 40 kg"s lighter than the Subi and has been modified and turbo charged to suit.

Comment

Hi Sam,With the turbo onit what HP are they expecting?Is the Autoflight box a bolt on unit? or does a mounting plate need to be made?Cheers,Trent

Comment

Hi Sam,With the turbo onit what HP are they expecting? Is the Autoflight box a bolt on unit? or does a mounting plate need to be made? Cheers,TrentHi TrentExpected HP is 140-160, and yes the box is an Autoflight which is designed to bolt straight on.Regards SamL...................

Comment

a) Carburetor G10 with vacuum/centrifugal advance distributor. No electronic control - about 60HPb) Throttle-body injection (TBI) G10 with DENSO Electronic Control Module (ECM) - 62-65HPC) G10 Turbo with MPI, resonance intake, turbocharger – up to 92HP (intercooler & knock sensor can be used)d) G13BA 8 valves SONS naturally aspirated – up to 80HPE) G13BB 16 valves SONS about 100 HP naturally aspiratedf) G13GTI 16 valves DONS 110+HP naturally aspiratedg) G16 16 valves SONS NA about 115HPG"Day Sam,What have you got there, is it the G13BB 100 hp.?

Comment

Forget about the 3 cylinder Suzuki.I have a 4 ,13b,single overhead cam with 16 valves.Found a Suzuki performance rebuild store in Sydney and will be rebuilding with some mods plus,turbo etc to about 150 hp (approx 6 lbs boost) with probally a moteck computer.My motor already has an autoflight box on itat a reduction of 2.59 and hope to mount my motor to modified superpup come littlewing.Still a long way to go though.Kym

Comment

I was very interested in the Suzuki engines as they started to be used 6 or so years ago, BUT from what I have heard the bottom end will fail once you try to reliably extract more than the standard 100 hp from them. Great little 100 hp engine for heavy single seaters, not sure on the heavier two seaters.I will be watching in earnest Sam.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Not to be highjacking your Kruzza thread Sam but in support of chosing a Zuzuki package I suggest Paul might be able to glean some more info from this site below. Check out this bloke what he"s done and continues to do.I know

Comment

Greg,Iam at present building a littlewing from the frame of a supapup. When I recover from my hip opp I will resume building again.

Comment

Well I hope your on the mend and you didn"t get one of those "dicky" ones I saw on the news the other night. Lots of people affected here and o/seas. Have fun with your build.

Comment

HiJust to jump in on the 3 cylinder band wagon. I am sure you have all seen the Yamaha Phaser snowmobile engine on youtube 123hp and extremely light and reliable. The only problem you cannot get one here unless you import from the US.Nissan have just released a new 3 cylinder for the Micra, in the standard form it is 1.2ltr and produces 85hp, this engine is in Australian cars - sounds very useful. The real gem is the supercharged version that puts out 100hp, but at this stage it has not been released in AU.The info below is the marketing blurb!!Nissan Motor Co. today announced its newly developed HR12DDR, a 1.2 liter engine, aiming to achieve the lowest level of fuel consumption in the world for gasoline-powered cars, with an engine power output equivalent to that of a 1.5L engine(s) and CO2 emission of 95 grams per kilometer (New European Drive Cycle).The engine will be mounted on the new “Nissan Micra (also known as March in other markets)” in the European market in the first half of 2011. The engine is based on the HR12DE, the 1.2L 3-cylinder engine mounted on the new Nissan MARCH. High engine performance and low fuel consumption levels have been achieved through the adoption of the Miller cycle, gasoline direct injection system (DIG), and a highly efficient supercharger, in combination with an Idling Stop system.Here are the technical details extracted from the official press release from Nissan.Here are details of the technologies:By adopting the Miller cycle, in which the power stroke is enhanced by the compression stroke as a result of delaying the closing timing of the intake valve, the thermal energy of the fuel is converted to kinetic energy much more efficiently than it is with regular 4-stroke cycle engines, and pumping loss caused by intake manifold negative pressure has been reduced. Moreover, the highly compressed and high-temperature air-fuel mixture is cooled by the latent heat of the vaporization of fuel directly injected into the cylinder, and the temperature of the combustion chamber is lowered by adopting a piston-cooling channel and sodium-filled valves to control detonation. These technologies have enabled a compression ratio of 13*1 for improved combustion efficiency.The supercharger*2 is equipped with an automatic on/off clutch, which means that both high fuel efficiency and high engine performance can be achieved by automatically switching off supercharging while driving at low speeds, such as on city roads.Moreover, adoption of a hydrogen-free diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating for the piston rings and a variable displacement oil pump helps to reduce friction by up to 30%, compared with conventional 4-cylinder engines with similar performance levels.These technologies are the culmination of the company’s research and development efforts based on the Nissan Green Program 2010 (NGP 2010) – Nissan’s mid-term environmental action plan that includes initiatives to reduce CO2 emissions and introduce truly effective technologies, products and services into the market.We with the same hi-tech engines to be used for Indian version of Nissan Micra in future. This will not only help reduce emission, but also achieve better power and mileage at the same time. TimC

Comment

Greg,my hip replacement was one of those recalls from De Puy.Blood collected showed very high metal counts.Was affecting my health in a big way.Am on the mend so all is well.

Comment

Bloody Hell Kym, sorry to hear that!I watched that news story with great interest as my ole my Nudge, whom I fly with down here, recently had his replaced. I believe he got one that works.I hope you feel better with time.Best regards,Mitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X