No announcement yet.

2011 GT Gyroplanes KRUZA "Sneak Peak"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about the crook hip there Kym, you would reckon with the amount of hip replacememnts done per year that they would get the materials and construction perfect.Sam, the boys probably have this under control but that engine will need an oil cooler and a oil temp gauge to make sure they have it in the right place. The turboed suby I had could boil the oil in pretty quick time.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the crook hip there Kym, you would reckon with the amount of hip replacememnts done per year that they would get the materials and construction perfect.Sam, the boys probably have this under control but that engine will need an oil cooler and a oil temp gauge to make sure they have it in the right place. The turboed suby I had could boil the oil in pretty quick time.Spot on Brian, this is something we have already discussed and will be included. Regards SamL..............

Comment

brian,

Comment

Hi TonyThe cooler the engine oil is the longer it will last and protect your motor. The problem with turbo motors is the turbo itself. It is run by the exhaust spinning the turbine and powering the pump/compressor. Due to the very high temperatures, and very high speeds, the turbo is usually cooled and lubricated using the engine oil. This inturn heats the oil and can cause high motor oil temps. Not good, but by adding an oil cooler itwill help to reduce/lower the oil temp and can also aid in also lowering the overall running engine temp. This means you can then install a smaller ratiator while acheiveing the same results.My 2 bob Regards SamL...................

Comment

brian,

Comment

so it"s just a matter of getting the RIGHT size turbo then. its a wonder turbo"s aren"t finned like air cooled cyl heads. every little bit helps????

Comment

You gota be carefull with oil temps.While we all agree oil not boiling isa good thing, you gota be able to keep it at at least 90c for a while everytime you use it, to keep the oil "dry".Oil coolers witha inflight airflow flap is best coz you can easily control temps no matter wot your do"n or wot your flyn in.all i need now isa flap for me head too keep it cool.

Comment

Subys are easy as you can get a screw on adapter where the oil filter screws on and then you hook up the hoses a to the cooler and bobs your uncle !!Lot easier and better than fins. As Birdy says, you need to make sure the oil runs at the correct temp !!

Comment

Hi gentsHere are a few pics taken on Saturday of the new 2011 GT Gyroplanes KRUZA.The 2 slots top centre dash are for radio & transponder.Regards SamL....................

Comment

G"Day Brian, where did you get the screw on adapter for the oil cooler from?Cheers Elwynne

Comment

G"Day Brian, where did you get the screw on adapter for the oil cooler from?Cheers Elwynnehttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/SUBARU-WRX-civic-B18-16-Row-Performance-Oil-Cooler-Kit-/130449481581?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hasCheers SamL..................

Comment

G"Day Brian, where did you get the screw on adapter for the oil cooler from?Cheers ElwynneTim McLure got mine but I reckon he got it through the local auto shop. Ebay would be cheaper.

Comment

Thanks gentsElwynne

Comment

Just a heads up.For those who are going to this years Natfly, you will see the new 2011 GT Gyroplanes KRUZA, and the plan is to fly it there. Worst case it will be trailered in. Regards SamL...................

Comment

Hi gentsHere are a few pics taken on Saturday of the new 2011 GT Gyroplanes KRUZA.The 2 slots top centre dash are for radio & transponder.Regards SamL....................What is the MFD, and how will it be configured?Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X