NEW 2011 GT Gyroplanes KRUZA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 2011 GT Gyroplanes KRUZA

Hi all.Below are a few pics of the new 2011 GTG KRUZA today at RCA"s Mangalore HQ"s. Havent flown it yet, hope to very soon. Cheers SamL..............

Just a few more pics from today.Cheers SamL.........
    Attached Files

Comment

Sam, The changes we see between yours and the New KRUZA, are they now to become standard or is this a one off make for a client.

Comment

Hi MattThis is the new shape and will be the standard moving forward. It has far greater visability than mine, much more cabin space, double the storage capacity, larger fuel tank, more head room, but performace figs seems pretty much un changed. The doors are very different but also very practical. The concept of this new design is that it can be flown in any of 3 different configurations. 1) Fully enclosed 2) Windows Removed or 3) Door & Windows Removed.The idea and difference between other designs being, the windows can be removed and placed into a fabric bag and stored on top of the dash. With most other designs, the pilot must make this decision before heading off that day. If it gets hot, then bad luck. This new disign idea allows you to reconfigure the machine at your next stop. Another neat feature is the single lever double locking system that locks doors and windows. The colour, well this is your choice, and yes I think the yellow would be good. Cheers SamL.................

Comment

Thanks Sam,That explains the doors. Very practical.

Comment

What motor do you think you will use ? Any idea of price ?

Comment

Hi sam the doors worries me!If some one doesn"t latch the door properly, or the wind just get under it, what will happen when all that rips off ??? your ass, just hope you try it out before you have a passengers.I would have the designer in with you,that way if it all goes to **** there wont be another one :- Sorry for being so critical just my first thought, with all thats happening with all these fancy door ideas, all two seat gyros should have to go though the unlatch the door

Comment

Hi sam the doors worries me!If some one doesn"t latch the door properly, or the wind just get under it, what will happen when all that rips off ??? your ass, just hope you try it out before you have a passengers.I would have the designer in with you,that way if it all goes to $%^& there wont be another one :- Sorry for being so critical just my first thought, with all thats happening with all these fancy door ideas, all two seat gyros should have to go though the unlatch the door

Comment

What motor do you think you will use ? Any idea of price ?The new motor is a modified 1.6 litre fuel injected turbo charged Suzuki which produces around 140hp. At this point the PRICE is still $75K. Regards SamL..................

Comment

Hey Sam none of these style door should get off the ground, serious don"t do the test in the air, put the thing on a trailer leave the doors unlatched go like the wind, but Please Sam don"t do it in flight, I don"t want to take a day off and buy some flowers . Brett

Comment

Sam,What"s the "dry" weight of the new style now? Do you know the weight of the engine alone?

Comment

The cabin pic with the single control is a good innovation. I would imagine it could be modified to a single seat machine with a carry container and no foot controls on the far side for folks like me who prefer to fly alone and carry a bit of luggage/food without too many regs getting in the way? Nice job.

Comment

The cabin pic with the single control is a good innovation. I would imagine it could be modified to a single seat machine with a carry container and no foot controls on the far side for folks like me who prefer to fly alone and carry a bit of luggage/food without too many regs getting in the way? Nice job.Yep for sure, it does have a considerable amount of storage space under each seat as well. The second joystick is removable and in this case has been. Cheers SamL............

Comment

Hey Sam none of these style door should get off the ground, serious don"t do the test in the air, put the thing on a trailer leave the doors unlatched go like the wind, but Please Sam don"t do it in flight, I don"t want to take a day off and buy some flowers . BrettAways full of good ideas ahhhh Brett, would love to see your jet engine in one, one day ;D

Comment

Put an hour plus on the new design yesterday. Ticks all boxes, very easy to fly, very stable, very docile, new motor is super smooth and quiet. Flew it 1 up, 2 up, doors on, doors off. Only real issue was a bit of wheel shimmy on takeoff, but this is an easy fix for the boys. Love the visability, but took some getting use to as it felt like it was flying nose down, compared to mine. By the end of my day testing and having put it through, 60+degree turns, vertical descents, idle auto"s, low speed behind the power curve flight, spins right and left and high speed 90 plus knot flight (doors on and off) WELL, I think I want one now;D ;D ;DTested SpecsOne upClimb, 50lts fuel 1000 FPMCruise 65knots 4000 RPMRotor Speed 310 RPMTwo UpClimb, 50lts fuel 700 FPMCruise 65knots 4400 RPMRotor Speed 350 RPM1.6lt SUZUKI 4 CYL fuel injected turbo charged 140+HPFull power motor RPM 5200Rotors, 29ft twisted tapperd PatroneysProp, 74 inch wide cord proplet PatroneyCheers SamL.................

Comment

Working...
                              X