No announcement yet.

I apologise, apologise, apologise.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea..thats them....some swear by em.....others say oils are OK as is???????buggered if I know.Like vitamin pills, me missis rammed one down me throat every mornin for years...then red some report that said they were all a waste of money.......no more pills[]yet to get bad report bowt rum tho......bring it on[^]Russ....A1014 NT....gods country

Comment

• I think the Nulon test was done on a Commodore with a 186 or 202 quite a few years ago (as in 15 - 20 years ago). From memory the only mod was they replaced the hydralic lifters with solids. Kmart used to sell the product and there were several grades of the stuff, ie, a treatment for new motors, an additive for treated motors that was put in at oil changes and an additive for older motors.*stop press*Just checked the web, see http://www.nulon.com.au/Its still around.Flying - The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. (Douglas Adams-The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Comment

• I have tried Nulon and Slick 50 and Slick 50 wins hands down. Some years ago I ran a EA 81 for 15 minutes with no oil pressure and the temp gauge at the stop. It was still delivering power when I landed. Definately reduces heat by up to 40%. In a motor bike it increases power by 10 /15% and makes motors last longer without doubt.BrianYou never know how far you can go, till you get there !

Comment

• Did you pull the motor down after that Brian? If so what did you find?John EvansThink logically and do things well, think laterally and do things better.

Comment

• Hey Russell, if you find that article please send it to me. My missus is a modern day witch doctor. Morn and night she wants to stuff me full of pills, I swear when I walk I rattle.Her parents called in the other day, and during the ongoing conversation, Helen said something utterly irrelevant to the topic and I looked at her father and simply said " That's gotta be a warranty job" No way he replied, there was no warranty offered or implied. Helen walked up with two humungous tablets (Brahmi and Ginko) and said this'll improve your memory.I looked at her and said "Who are you?" Well in those few brief seconds, I went from sitting to lying on the floor watching her apply some sort of stranglehold on my neck. I had but mere seconds left and in the distance I can hear her father say. "Weather's turned a bit dry lately hasn't it?"Ted

Comment

• I'm warming to you son......I'm warmingYour'e a case mate[^]Russ....A1014 NT....gods country

Comment

• I'm working on the theory that men in white coats won't fly gyro's. Should be able make my getaway, but then my instructor "let me down" by having an engine failure.(Only joking Allan)Ted

Comment

• Hi John, I reckon we stuck another motor on as I needed the gyro /ASAP so unfortunately it didnt get pulled down . It was intended to fix it up but we didnt get around to it.I treated the gearboxes and transfer cases on my Diahatsu 4 WD with Slick 50 also and the differnce in temp was dramatic and my cousin [who didnt know I had treated them] asked me "what had I done to the Diahatsu" as the transmission tunnel was now cool enough for him to rest his leg on.Somehow, water used to find its way into the transfer case and despite regular oil changes, we seemed to be overhauling transfer cases at a regular intereval. Its now been something like 10 years and both vehicles gearboxes /transfer cases havent been touched. The traytop Diahatsu [diesel] had its engine treated with slick 50 around 1987, its been around the clock twice and keeping the speedo cable working on a paddock ute is nearly impossible, so the old traytop could have done close to 400,000 k's. Its still going. The other vehicle [not treated ] is on its second motor on similiar K's.BrianBrian.You never know how far you can go, till you get there !

Comment

• Brian and others it was WYNNS that the car had in it that drove up the middle, took a couple of days to think of it, but i'm sure that was it...Mark

Comment

• Years ago at the West Wyalong show Wynns had a 186 engine on a stand running with no sump on it after it had been treated with Wynns. It drew a fair bit of attention as you could see the crank belting around.Me & me mates hung around for a while waiting for it to lock up , but some girls wanted to go in the Haunted house so we left 'em to it . We went back that arvo & it was still running.( so were the girls.....)

Comment

Working...
                      X