Moruya Flyin 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moruya Flyin 2005

Hello All,For the waterproof aviators only, was the MLA 2005 mid year flyin.A good time was had by all, and we even had an 8 hour break in the rain, and the wind! But it was all good. We didn't have a chance to fly the new club aircraft, see the picture. Unfortunately no-one had the correct endorsements... maybe next time. Image Insert: 70.83

Thanx for the pix Mate. I always enjoy them.[8D][]Cheers SonnyIntelligence is not a privilege,it is a gift and should be used for the good of mankind.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken Hoges',That is one of the "Bush Pigs" with you in the last Pic, recognise that grin anywhere even he does try and hide it behind the mike, say Gday! to him for me.By the way, the RRR flyers would like to know if a "Fly in" or Flying weekend could be arranged at Lake George maybe around October long weekend the 3rd.Jeff H-S

Comment

Hi Jeff,Yes, that was the Half Pod bushpig in the photo. Full Pod is almost finished his new gyro and we'll be catching up with him again soon, maybe at Lake George?We've been trying to find out who the guy was that had the lease on the lake where we last flew.Phil usually organised access but sadly he is no longer with us.If anyone has any leads let's know so we can organise a trip.Catch up later.Hoges

Comment

Jeff,Did you pick the mistake?I got the full and half pods the wrong way around, shame on me!Hoges

Comment

Hoges,Caution, Guilt by association may make you a Quarter Pod!Lloyd M. or Stan Ru. from Canberra may know how to contact the Farmer who has the lease and the keys to the gate.Jeff H-S

Comment

Jeff,Total Pod is more like it (I´ve got doors you know).Have already contacted Stan but not Lloyd yet.Hoges

Comment

Hey Scott,I'll save you the call. dont know either... Other people to try would be stan tokarski, sam polyak, glenn (dont know his last name but he used to fly with Phil)I think Stan T had a key to the gate, so hes probably you best bet

Comment

Thanks Lloyd,Tried all except Glen. Anyone got a contact for Glen? Maybe I'll have to go back to Collector Pub and buy some more raffle tickets. The people were so friendly there on Australia Day (couple of years ago), they said we could use their land at the northern end of the lake but I didn't get a phone number... Doh!Hoges

Comment

Hi guys, Lake george is not locked up..... I have flown off there regularly, and taken my kids with their go kart. usually when we have been there, there have been people wind sailing with those 3 wheel buggies and parachutes etc. No one asks permission, I never have, neither has anyone else as far as I know. You enter from the southern end off the highway.... from sydney you turn right where the lookout is, over the cattle grate, right again, then under the freeway, Down a steep hill. There is a gate down a laneway to the left. (If you get to the public toilets, you missed the lane on the left) I always enter lake george turn right and drive a kilometer or so past (out of sight of) the lookout so not to bring attention. When we (Sam P, Stan T and I) used to fly at the northern end near the old highway, there were always people stopping for a look, and having to rejoin traffic doing well over 100ks, so we were always worried there might be a car crash which we would somehow get the blame for. The escarpment down the south end is bare and not as high, so the wind is alot more predictable and less mechanical turbulance anyway... a great spot. My reccomendation for all its worth, is if you keep the gate closed behind you, dont be a nuicense and draw attention to yourself (ie dont buzz the lookout)and of course dont kill yourself... there shouldnt be a problem. By the way, there are powerlines down to the lower lookout, they are marked with buoys, but still can catch the unwarey. Cheers for now & fly safe MadMuz (Murray Bluett) Former ASRA member and Former Gyro News Editor If you want to find out more, or just say hello, call or text me on 0422 778527, or email gyronutt@hotmail.com or madmuz007@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi guys, Lake george is not locked up..... I have flown off there regularly, and taken my kids with their go kart. usually when we have been there, there have been people wind sailing with those 3 wheel buggies and parachutes etc. No one asks permission, I never have, neither has anyone else as far as I know. You enter from the southern end off the highway.... from sydney you turn right where the lookout is, over the cattle grate, right again, then under the freeway, Down a steep hill. There is a gate down a laneway to the left. (If you get to the public toilets, you missed the lane on the left) I always enter lake george turn right and drive a kilometer or so past (out of sight of) the lookout so not to bring attention. When we (Sam P, Stan T and I) used to fly at the northern end near the old highway, there were always people stopping for a look, and having to rejoin traffic doing well over 100ks, so we were always worried there might be a car crash which we would somehow get the blame for. The escarpment down the south end is bare and not as high, so the wind is alot more predictable and less mechanical turbulance anyway... a great spot. My reccomendation for all its worth, is if you keep the gate closed behind you, dont be a nuicense and draw attention to yourself (ie dont buzz the lookout)and of course dont kill yourself... there shouldnt be a problem. By the way, there are powerlines down to the lower lookout, they are marked with buoys, but still can catch the unwarey. Cheers for now & fly safe MadMuz (Murray Bluett) Former ASRA member and Former Gyro News Editor If you want to find out more, or just say hello, call or text me on 0422 778527, or email gyronutt@hotmail.com or madmuz007@hotmail.com

Comment

Comment

Comment

Speaking of Bush Pigs, where is Leroy these days?MadMuz

Comment

Speaking of Bush Pigs, where is Leroy these days?MadMuz

Comment

Working...
                              X