Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like to set the FACTS straight:1.

Comment

Is the ferel on steroids??No Nik.How are you achieving this take off technique?Tade secret Whats the VSI saying when this is happening?No idea, i never look at it.But id gess itd be bout 30mph at liftoff.Who are they and why are they any different to you.Did i say i was different?Why do you think i dont instruct Mitch?

Comment

Fact is, the record speaks for it self.It is my understanding that ASRA are aware of the MTO3 incident. It has been reported. The ELA incident has not. I am still a STO MLS enthusiast and have not moved from my earlier position. I certainly endorse full and continued attention to Rotor Management Skills Training.Mitch.

Comment

Birdy,"You can train successfully in a VTO capable machine, but you can bet your left one that if it can spin um up fast, they will.""The ferel now is capable of constant 30 paces max TO roll then into a near virtical climb, but if iv got the room, ill just prespin over the hump, then TO like normal."They will,

Comment

Gidday All,Just for the record, ASRA is aware of an MT 03 rollover recently probably due to incorrect pilot technique on takeoff which involved the use of a pre-rotator.We are also aware of an ELA accident in Oz which was caused by the failure of the pilot to release the park brake when the gyro started skidding on damp tarmac and he elected to continue with the takeoff.If anyone knows of any other ELA accident, I would appreciate a private email.Incidentally, new students of mine do not have access to a pre-rotator. In fact, anyone sitting in the right hand seat doesn"t have access to a pre-rotator. That is my personal toy. And new students of mine can expect to spend at least the first hour taxying up and down the strip in any wind at all, learning the basics of rotor management. Note the word "basics". Oh. The rotor tacho is also my toy. It gets covered up just like the ASI is in advanced training.May the pot continue to stir.Regards,Waddles.
            Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

[i]So who are "they" and why would they be any different to you as in....isn"t that what we they mostly,

Comment

VTO is here to stay.Who gives a rats for today,it"s tommorrow that counts.

Comment

RREEOWWWW!!!The fact that I seem to post after Ken is a happy circumstance

Comment

If your still a novice coz you learn suthn new everytime you fly, then im still a novice.

Comment

I"m still novicing too and proud of it!!! Learnt to get a little bit of vibration out of my AK"s this morning which I will apreciate tomorrow no end. Mongrels still got too much vibration though > .Good to hear from an instructor that has a cab and his techinque in teaching so us non instructors have a better understanding of whats happening in this area of RM. and I love that word "BASIC" being applied.I was very impressed with the ELA Mark as well although I have very little experience in other gyros but I know what I like to feel !Like it or not, rotor management is something used on every flight so its better done well.

Comment

Guys,Waddles has requested that I lock this topic due to it getting a bit personal.If the parties want to continue this in a more constructive way, restart the thread and stick to the topic.webbie

Comment

Working...
                        X