stick throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stick throttle

Guys, I"m thinking of putting a twist throttle on my stick (like a Jetranger), to give me one handed flying.

Shouldnt be a problem. I have a T bar set up with the throttle on both sides of the stick. Why ?, well, its the way I like it.

Comment

If your thinking of placing it on your cyclic joy stick only (not T bar setup as Brian stated) then I would advise not to.During a fouled up landing, fast cyclic movements together with full throttle response, can be what gets you out of the pooooooo. ;DMoving the cyclic in pitch, and roll whilst twisting the grip may prove to be more difficult than it sounds. Just my 2 bob on it. Regards SamL...................

Comment

FWIW I tried the motorcycle throttle on my vertical control stick back in 1983 when Bob Higgins did it that way. I only flew it a few times trying to get used to it. Not really enough wrist movement, and I agree with Sam re co-ordination in an emergency. Although with enough practice you can get used to almost anything. Just hope that you don"t have an emergency until you are comfortable.Aussie Paul.

Comment

Spot on boys, very valid points there

Comment

I just re read the post again and I thought you meant........sorry!I agree 100% with Sam & Paul, definably not on a vertical stick.

Comment

If you got a bit of blade flap, it"d be interesting with the vertical twist throttle.

Comment

You got that beast in the air again hey Hatty? When you droppin in?

Comment

Hatrack,One Bloke i know has his throttle mounted vertically on his stick as the stick grip. He has flown like that from first solo and now has 250 hours like it. He can"t Fault it, and perfers it over the side throttle thats in his two seater. I guess it would also come down to the type of flying ya do too.Just curious why do ya want one handed flying anyways?

Comment

Aye Brian, How about a pic of your set up on the tee cup I mean Tee Handle. Cheers Des Garvin

Comment

I want to be able to take photos. I think I"m gonna put a redundant throttle on my left as well. Then I can learn with both.

Comment

Aye Brian, How about a pic of your set up on the tee cup I mean Tee Handle. Cheers Des GarvinNo problem Des.

Comment

Working...
                        X