GN saftey alert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GN saftey alert.

Mite be just my interpritation, but the SA in the mag bout VDs and tail slides could be missunderstood.The alert keeps refern to throttle position and frame attitude.Wen it comes to accidently or purposly entering a tailslide, machine att and power setn are irrelivant.You can just as easily/quickly enter a TS with a level keel and dead engine.In fact, its easier to accidently get into one with power on, coz prop blast will mask the onset, and wen you do realise its on, your well into the slide.The slightest rearward trend with the throttle closed will have the machine wethercoc into the slide earlier.A true VD is dun with no power on.The obvious precaution is to keep sum forward speed up.

Yep Birdy, never go backwards in a gyro. I know an ol. mate who managed to reverse his gyro into the ground on his second day solo. I told him he was "highly skilled". He went off chasing donkeys (a life time dream) His harness flap flapped over his throttle and jammed it. By the time he unhooked it he hit a tree and it spun him 180 deg. and hit tail first. ;D Funny how we don"t generally panic when strange things happen like that. Many yrs ago (about 45) I was in free-fall from 8,000 ft. when I started to suffocate. I realised I was head down a bit and my big viking nose was creating a vacume around my nostrils. Pushed my hands forward a bit and the body levelled and I started breathing again.

Comment

Working...
    X