No announcement yet.

Flat Spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually i fly abit with my eyes closed, and even when my brother was alive and had his chopper i could hold it level all be it off course thou it was still level, but i dare say with out someone else in the other seat i wouldnt be game to try it for to long..r0t0rcraft.com.au

Comment

actually i fly abit with my eyes closed, and even when my brother was alive and had his chopper i could hold it level all be it off course thou it was still level, but i dare say with out someone else in the other seat i wouldnt be game to try it for to long..r0t0rcraft.com.au

Comment

In an open framed gyro, flat spins are usually pretty mundane, good practice is too keep a bit of power on and the gyro balanced and dont let the spin speed get too fast AND make allowances to recover with sufficient height!!Pods seem to catch a bit more wind so be carefull as other factors can come into play while doing flat spins.Birdy, I would have thought that the yaw string would indicate reversed airflow ? Going to be flying tomorrow so I will do a good old tailslide and watch the yaw string and see what happens !!BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

In an open framed gyro, flat spins are usually pretty mundane, good practice is too keep a bit of power on and the gyro balanced and dont let the spin speed get too fast AND make allowances to recover with sufficient height!!Pods seem to catch a bit more wind so be carefull as other factors can come into play while doing flat spins.Birdy, I would have thought that the yaw string would indicate reversed airflow ? Going to be flying tomorrow so I will do a good old tailslide and watch the yaw string and see what happens !!BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Dave, sounds as though you might not have had enough power on to keep rudder authority.BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Dave, sounds as though you might not have had enough power on to keep rudder authority.BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

I never said i don't do it, actualy, its a very handy move in tight spots, but, if you let it go too far, youll get a rude supprise.I can't honestly comment on the yaw string, coz i'v never had one, but if you think bout it, you could get a fair amount of backwards speed up before youll notice the string leaning forward, bearing in mind that its in dirty air too.I use a string on the wasa when the doors are on, and i know that once the virtical decent has started, it takes a good bit of forward airflow to put a noticable angle in the sting from virtical before you can notice it, much more speed than is the limit in reverse befor things get untidey.Brian, i never said anythn to indicate me rudder was ineffective............. did I???Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

I never said i don't do it, actualy, its a very handy move in tight spots, but, if you let it go too far, youll get a rude supprise.I can't honestly comment on the yaw string, coz i'v never had one, but if you think bout it, you could get a fair amount of backwards speed up before youll notice the string leaning forward, bearing in mind that its in dirty air too.I use a string on the wasa when the doors are on, and i know that once the virtical decent has started, it takes a good bit of forward airflow to put a noticable angle in the sting from virtical before you can notice it, much more speed than is the limit in reverse befor things get untidey.Brian, i never said anythn to indicate me rudder was ineffective............. did I???Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.birdy, here.

Comment

No Birdy, dont recall you did say your rudder was ineffective, I was refering to Daveb not David Bird !Yep, got a tailslide going and the yaw string didnt show I was in a tailslide so a yaw string can only said to be accurate when some foreward airspeed is happeing.BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

No Birdy, dont recall you did say your rudder was ineffective, I was refering to Daveb not David Bird !Yep, got a tailslide going and the yaw string didnt show I was in a tailslide so a yaw string can only said to be accurate when some foreward airspeed is happeing.BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Working...
                      X