Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades/Trim

o

I"ve changed from 26" Patroneys to 26" Goodwins , everything is good except from flying hands off trimed S&L with the Pats to a fair amount of back stick to keep the nose up with the GGs . I have a heavier trim spring which I can fit .

Comment

Tryed ringn you back Echo but the re was no retun number.were the Pats tapered/twisted or both?Different blade efficiancy will mean different trimm tensions.Generaly, the more efficiant the blade, the less the trimm needed. [ flater disc for same load.]If the Pats were twisted, theyd need less trimm tension.

Comment

I"ll have a go..The goodwins dont have the same reflex at the back (kicked up but)

Comment

I"ve changed from 26" Patroneys to 26" Goodwins , everything is good except from flying hands off trimed S&L with the Pats to a fair amount of back stick to keep the nose up with the GGs . I have a heavier trim spring which I can fit .

Comment

I found there wasnt much difference between pats & AK"s once Jeff put 2* into the hub bar.Great to hear Jerry has got his blades working well!!

Comment

Like Sam said.Every time you change the ability of a blade to create lift (pitch, chord, length or speed) you also change the “blow back”angle, which is the difference between the angle of the rotor disc and the angle of the Rotor head spindle. When you change this angle, you also move the rotor thrust vector closer or further away from the pitch pivot bolt. This distance is balanced out by the trim spring. The further the RTV is back from the pitch pivot, the greater the spring pressure required. This means that the blow back angle is less and quite often, the disc angle is also less. In some cases, this could suggest that the blades are more efficient.

Comment

Like Sam said.Every time you change the ability of a blade to create lift (pitch, chord, length or speed) you also change the “blow back”angle, which is the difference between the angle of the rotor disc and the angle of the Rotor head spindle. When you change this angle, you also move the rotor thrust vector closer or further away from the pitch pivot bolt. This distance is balanced out by the trim spring. The further the RTV is back from the pitch pivot, the greater the spring pressure required. This means that the blow back angle is less and quite often, the disc angle is also less. In some cases, this could suggest that the blades are more efficient.Thanks Tim, I must admit you are a better wordsmith than I

Comment

Working...
                X