Ak's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ak's

I always keep my blades sprayed with wd and have noticed after flying Black run marks of liquid from the Tangs. A few years ago I had the same stuff coming from under the teeter block on a set of Larkins which led to an AD because of a fatality with a similar thing to mine( movement of the block.) Has anyone else noticed this on AK"s. The tang bolts are tight and mine is on the 1" bar. Its coming from beneath the aluminium spacer under the steel tang. It indicates movement to me. Blades have under 200 hrs on them. Ken

Any bolted butt joint under stress will move, no matter how tight, so "fretting" dust is go"n to happen.It only becomes a problem if its loose.Iv got 4 sets of AKs, they all fret, and one set has more n 800 hours.Im not frettn.

Comment

Re "Black Marks" .

Comment

G"day David and David,

Comment

Iv never sprayed anythn on any blade [ cept the odd bit o moo poo] coz moisture isnt sumthn i gota wurry bout ere, but if i get a few hundred hours up between rain events, the water washs the dust out at every joint on the blade.Like i said, short of weldn them together [ or lock tite], theres go"n to be sum movement.In sum instances, the movement is desigened into the systm to allow sum feedom to flex. If you restrain the movement, your only transfern the stress to sumwhere where it cant move. If it cant move, itll fret n brake.

Comment

Working...
          X