Newbie to gyrocopters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to gyrocopters

We live in Sydney and were wondering where we could go to learn about gyrocopters and eventually buy one. Any help/advice as to where we could go for training etc would be very much appreciated.Thanks,Matt

Hi Matt, the Easter National gyro flyin at Cooma is your best bet. If I can be of any help with information and/or training email me at paulbruty@lexicon.netI have an info package via email if you want.Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Matt,Go the the thread for the sydney gyro club, get in contact with jeff henley smith as he conducts training at Ryleston. The other alternative is to go to the Hunter Valley gyro club - refer map on the site. You can ring me for info if you like - 0418 811953Your problem is, you're in for some driving, they used to fly at erskine park for years, as usual residents move in and gyros move out... both the Hunter Valley (fortnightly as of next week end) and the Sydney (Monthly - check) blokes go away for the week end, we usually chuck a tent up for ourselves or you can sleep in the club house so the driving isn't so bad.Hope this helps,Nick Tomlin

Comment

Hi Holden, Welcome to the Forum. Joining ASRA and registration of Gyros is delegated to ASRA by CASA. I am the Secretary/Registrar of ASRA if you require further information at any stage.LlewellaGoing the extra miles puts you miles ahead of your competition.

Comment

Hi all,I'm interested in getting into gyros.If anyone could send me any information on the following would be greatly appreciated.- Membership fees.- Registration requirements (legal obligations).- Licencing requirements.- Training (how much $ and how often)(min and recommended)- Recommended training level prior to buying a gyro.- Avg cost of a decent 2nd hand gyro.- Medical standardsP.S. I live in Sydney.thanks guysGerard

Comment

GezzaGive Llewella a ring on 02 49735273 ,she is the secretary of A.S.R.A,and will steer you right,and have a read of the other forums and you might se a bit what goes on,Good to have you aboardCheersboundry rider

Comment

Hi Gerard,I hope you weren't trying that number all day, as I was in Sydney for the day, and the number mentioned is the fax number!! The real number is 02 4973 4845. I look forward to hearing from you. Email me on registrar@asra.org.au if you prefer.LlewellaA sceptic is a person who, when he sees the handwriting on the wall, claims it is a forgery.

Comment

Llewella,Sorry bout that ph. no.boundry rider

Comment

Working...
                X