Aussie Rotor manufacturers/redrive for subaru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Rotor manufacturers/redrive for subaru

Hi folksI am writing from South Africa (please don't turn me off cos we beat you in the rugby) and am currently building a Hollman Sportster. Being a trifle nuts I have deviated from the plans and am building a fibreglass cockpit in an attempt to make bugly into bbeautiful.Along with this I am loath to build my own rotor blades and would ask for info. on aussie blade manufactures. I am also planning to use a subaru engine.Can anyone help with reduction drive plans or manufacturers?Kind regardsSabine

Couple of leads for you Sabine...Jack Allan also makes blades - extruded spar and riveted and bonded skins, he can be contacted via phone, he lives at Swansea and can be called on +61 02 49711452 - I have a set of his blades ( They are bloody strong too - seen three of them post accident configuration), beyond that you could look at the forum for Ross Symes, I think he makes blades as well, though I may be wrong on this count. Jeff Henley-Smith also makes blades, he can be found on this forum under the Sydney Gyro club banner, Jeffs blades are extruded and flight tested prior to hand over.Richard Douglas of ASRA librarian fame can supply you with a belt redrive is you wish for the princely sum of $2,850 Australian at last look.I have a friend, one Charles Colman, who makes regular trips back to SA in relation to his business, he may be able to bring said articles over with him by arrangement to you for your enjoyment.. he usually gose to Cape Town, he says Jo'berg is too rough for his flavour.You may ring me on +61 0243811953 if you wish to discuss same or email as appropriate.Cheers,Nick Tomlin.

Comment

hey NickApologies for the delay.Thanks for the info.,will follow it up.please tell Charles we live in Somerset-West, about 40kms from Cape Town and would be great to meet him or should he wish spend a night or 2. Tel No. 0827858246 (cell/Mobile)RegardsSabine

Comment

Sabine,Do you still have restrictions on how many Rand you can send out of the country?Cheers,Nick.

Comment

Hi NickYeah have a look at my bank account. Seriously I think they are quite relaxed as to how much you can send out.Certainly more than I have.RegardsSabine

Comment

Working...
          X