Flying Cranbourn Thursday Jan 7th / Sunday Jan 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Cranbourn Thursday Jan 7th / Sunday Jan 10th

Anyone in Tassie, interested in gyros, I"ll be flying out of Cranbourn from 0800 hrs till midday tomorrow, Thursday Jan 7th and again ( if the forecast holds) on Sunday Jan 10th same time frame.Nudge will be flying in, just after 0800 hrs Thursday morning in his 2 place XAir.Pre-flight and coffee from just after 0700 hrs.Mitch

Attended at Cranbourn as described and was ready when I heard Nudge comming over the mountain.He landed his XAir and we had coffee.No-one fronted by 0900 hrs so we off to The Flying Tea Pot, via the lavender farm.This is East Tamar region, north coast Tassie. The big fire which took out large sections of the Asbestos range, is still currently threatening Beaconsfield. Due to this there was simply to much smoke haze to deal with on the West Tamar and the real risk of operational low level flying activities associated with the fighting of or reporting on the fires, so we opted for our eventual route.

Comment

The weather is going to be perfect Sunday morning 10th Jan, 2010.Sadly, Geoff Graves could not make it to Cranbourn and I can not get there myself, family committments.Geoff Blackberry (Raptorr gyroplane) will be at Cranbourn early for a 0800 hrs departure from there with ole mate Nudge in his XAir.Mitch.

Comment

cant you get one of the others to take some video of you mitch ??? All been one way so farArt

Comment

G"Day Art,I have two vids to put on Youtube after midnight.One of them has some video Nudge took of me, cut into the final product. You are right though and Nudge has mentioned he will get his headcam set up again....we will see. Cheers Art.Mitch.

Comment

Working...
          X